Physical space of an INFINITY collection.

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Physical space of an INFINITY collection.

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:33 pm

I've just moved house and have just gotten around to unpacking my INFINITY bits. It's a real eye-opener to see how much I actually have, and seeing again the actual physical space a large collection takes up. I have made the decision to display my favourite half ( and most played ) of my collection, and keep the rest in a case ( for the time being anyway ). My previous display won't work in my new pad, and I need to rethink. ( With seven more figures to get too, I need to allow for that ). - All the figures crammed on a single flat surface take over a metre square of space! Everything seems to be about INFINITY'S demise, but having changed consoles and moved home, I have a chance to replay, un-box, and unlock everything all over again. ( And i'm enjoying every moment ) ;)

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Physical space of an INFINITY collection.

Postby Sheriff Woody » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:18 am

i had two new shelves still in transit to me when Disney Infinity was cancelled :(

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Paradox » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:40 am

I hear you Sheriff. I had custom risers made for the shelves in the curio I bought just for DI and still have 2 more risers leftover for two more empty shelves. :(

But man, having shelving in transit and then finding out... double :(

At least the figures are of such a nice quality, they do look great on display and people always do check them out when in my home. Just such a shame it won't continue to grow encompassing more of Disney's portfolio.

rank_deputy
Paradox

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:33 am

Maybe you guys need to get the crystal figures and the lightFX/Non-lightFX if you haven't already. Also my costume change customs take up a shelf by themselves.

And on another note: has anyone found any misprinted, wrongly boxed or 'unusual' figures. What I mean is I have a Lightning McQueen who's bonnet/hood sticker is way off centre. It's not crinkled, just in the wrong place. I know some action figure collectors look for errors or mistakes, are there any others out there? And does anyone know of any prototypes or design changes?

My WONKY Lightning:
Image ...And my costume disc customs, which help fill up my shelves :)Image

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Paradox » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:13 pm

I've got a full collection, including crystal figures and power discs except I didn't bother getting the lightFX figures as they'd just be doubles and the D23 King Mickey power disc. I wasn't willing to pay the prices scalpers were and are charging. Oh yeah, I forgot, I also have the Gamestop Jack Skellington in the case that they made quite a few of, I think, because the figure was too tall for the case. And I also have a Sorcerer Mickey figure that was 'bronzed' by an ex artist from here.

I only saw one misprint at a store but it was when figures were going for full price so I skipped on it. I do really like the work you and others have done on modding figures, I sadly don't have anywhere near the skill to do em' justice.

I should do one last straightening of my curio and take some pics to 'close out' my thread with pics of my DI collection, just to save for prosperity. Or until the Sheriff can no longer keep the site up, should that day come. :(

rank_deputy
Paradox

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys