Dory and Nemo inexistant in Canada?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Dory and Nemo inexistant in Canada?

Postby Infinite Mickey » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:08 pm

I live in the U.S. and I've seen the playset at Target, and both Nemo and Dory at TRU. I just don't understand this! These are popular characters who would really, really sell! Why not just let them be produced!?
Proud Wii U owner, and thinks that the console is the perfect Next Gen.

rank_1500_ftb
Infinite Mickey
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Re: Dory and Nemo inexistant in Canada?

Postby Gillbob316 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:56 pm

I'm also in the US and they're findable, if you work at it, but still pretty scarce here (compared to other Infinity figures). On any given day, at any given store, they might not be in stock.

I've seen both on shelves, but I've also gone looking other days and seen the shelves completely bare of either. So they're definitely stocked way less plentifully. I actually had mild difficulty finding Nemo. (Joke not intended, but happy accident, lol)

I was waiting out a deal on them (as well as the Alice figures). When Best Buy had individual figures on sale for $5.99 earlier this month (making them $4.79 w/ gamer's club discount) I snatched up all the Alice Figures, but Nemo was sold out both in-store and online. Also picked up the Dory playset for $19.99 on sale ($15.99 w/ Gamers Club) the same week. The playset was still fairly well stocked at the time, and still available on Bestbuy.com. Missed out on Nemo though because no one had him in-stock. I even went to the local TRU to try to price-match the Best Buy deal, and they were out of Nemos (though they'd had them when I looked a few days earlier).

The following week Nemo was on sale for 8 or 9 bucks at Toys R Us, though I still couldn't find him in any of my local stores. But he was available online at their website. I ordered one online, and managed to get him for store pickup at a TRU that wasn't too far away, near my work (though it wasn't one of my normal stores). Then ironically, the following day, the TRU 5 minutes from my house magically had 3 Nemo's in stock, which made me facepalm after all that effort.

Today: Both BestBuy.com and ToysRUs.com are out of stock of Nemo. Best Buy is out of Dory as well.

The fact that they're scarce, combined with the fact most retailers seem to be liquidating their remaining infinity stock w/ great deals, seems to be making these fish more difficult to come by than your average Infinity figures.

Point being: These definitely aren't figures to sleep on. If you find a way to get them, get them now, while they're still gettable. As the final 2, they're clearly not as well stocked as the older figures. If you wait out a deal, or wait for them to appear locally, you may end up waiting too long.

Frankly I'm considering picking up a few spare Nemos and setting them aside in a closet somewhere, because I could easily see his price getting stupid-high a couple years down the road, once all infinity products have vanished from retail.

PS. Unrelated but related: This scarcity also inspired me to go out and pickup the remaining Light FX figures I didn't already own. I was waiting out deals, but I gave up and just bought most of them. They're still gettable, but I'd rather not wake up one day and find they've all suddenly dried up and are only selling for $50+ on ebay because I waited too long for a deal that never came.

rank_0
Gillbob316
Main Console: Xbox One

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys