Info on scrapped rogue one play set and more lost things.

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Info on scrapped rogue one play set and more lost things

Postby Stitch » Sat May 14, 2016 8:19 am

Opossum, you just barely got Baloo! Lol :)

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Postby Gillbob316 » Sun May 15, 2016 4:57 pm

General Thoughts:

When I heard 12" Figures, I thought, "Oh cool... so we could get things like Giant Man, or Gantu or Marshmallow from Frozen" and my initial reaction was positive. Then I read further that they were just big versions of the characters we have, and I'm absolutely not on board for that. The last thing I want, as a collector, is a more expensive variant of something I already own (a variant that doesn't even fit well within the standard line, at that). Yet the fact that the would reportedly work differently and/or provide in-game differences, would make me feel compelled to collect them begrudgingly, as I'm something of a completionist. (This is basically the same problem I have with the Crystals and the Lightsaber Variants, except at $45 a pop it's even more compounded)

As far as the playset selection... I dunno. It doesn't really shock me. It's all Disney/Pixar/Marvel/Star Wars big upcoming movies. We could have assumed most of this already. I know some folks are scoffing at things like Cars 3 & Pirates 5 getting re-hashed releases... but honestly I don't mind it much. We're far enough removed from 1.0 that it doesn't feel super redundant, and I always like it when new Infinity Content gets released that gives me a reason to use my old figures. I'd be happy to have a new use for all these old 1.0 Characters. What I WOULDN'T be super happy about is a new Lightning, New Mater & New Jack Sparrow figure (and I'm sure all those things would be a given). Again... I like new content that gives me new uses for old figures... but I dislike arguably unnecessary variants and re-treads of characters we already have (I'm Looking at you Civil War Captain America).

I'm actually not all that excited about Rogue 1. The movie looks... real flat and joyless to me. I dunno. It doesn't look like it has the whimsical... fantasy... fun quality that I like to see in the Star Wars universe. It's all solemn stern faces, and the plight of the rebels (Kids, are you noticing all this plight?). That said... my lack of enthusiasm for the movie translates to a lack of enthusiasm to see the movie translated to fun cartoony plastic toys. I'd rather see more classic Star Wars characters that haven't been made yet than new ones I'm not yet acquainted with, who don't look super interesting.

As for the lack of classic Disney characters/playsets... eh, not altogether surprising. That said, I'm sure we still would have gotten some mixed in-between those sets. They may not ever be the main focus of an infinity release, but they at least release a good handful of supplemental characters, even if they didn't have names picked out yet.

Here's Hoping a new company picks up the license. Would love for this game to have a future again.

Hope the 12" idea stays dead.

rank_0
Gillbob316
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Sherrif Ben » Sun May 15, 2016 5:46 pm

With the POTC playset they could have bring the sailing system back again in DI and maybe we could use that system to create our own sailing battle's.
It's a shame that they stopped DI. hopefully an other company will go further where Disney and Avalanche ended. Maybe EA or Hasbro.
I'm glad that we won't get the 12 inch figures. The only fun thing is that they are so big, but to have some figures twice like the FX figures are a waste of space and money. The only reason to buy the large figures is when they made the figure completly different than the normal figures and that the way they play. And even than i would only buy them when they where in sale and not for the $ 45,-
Hi Ho Silver Away

rank_750
Sherrif Ben

Postby No.1 Pooh Bear Fan » Sun May 15, 2016 5:57 pm

I think if they had been able to do the 12 inch idea, well, for one thing, they would need to make enough to meet demand without going overboard.

Secondly, I think it would have been a better idea if they had made some new giant characters to go with the updated returning characters instead of just the old characters. That probably would have paved the way for the folks Gillbob mentioned, and would have been a good way to put in characters from Gigantic eventually, as well as possibly implementing Elliot this way.

Thirdly, I really think they should have made the price lower, because 45 dollars just sounds like it would have been too much. If it had been up to me, I think I would have made them at least 20 dollars. Costs more than standard figures, but not expensive enough for them to be not worth getting. They still would have been pretty impractical, but at least they would have been more worth looking into.

rank_50
No.1 Pooh Bear Fan
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby JustNCredible » Sun May 15, 2016 6:08 pm

I agree, 12-inch figures would have been a great idea if they were incorporating actual giant characters, not just a way to profit off of updating our favorites from 1.0. I'm just too OCD, so I wouldn't want some giant characters that wouldn't fit right with the aesthetic of my other figures. The example above, of Marshmallow, would make sense to be a lot bigger that the other figures, but I giant buzz light year next to my other figures would be odd to me personally.

EDIT
That being said I still would have bought them all lol.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby mr jenzie » Sun May 15, 2016 8:53 pm

called it on the rogue one set, but those big figures are more a novelty

yeah having more than one character is stretching it, already mentioned it should have been the winter soldier instead of a new cap america for the marvels battleground playset, and i don't know whether variants are worthwhile either, probably get the lightFX vader/maul/kylo instead of the regular figs!

rank_50
mr jenzie
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Maserati777 » Sun May 15, 2016 9:22 pm

Not much there I'd miss to be honest. I mean 45 dollars for a figure? Would have to pass on those even if they did release them. Sounds like a "Get more money" scheme from Disney. One of the things I liked most about the figures was how they were the same, even though they were different characters from different creators they all had a similar style. They were the perfect size as well.

And who's Moana? Whats Rouge One? I thought 4.0 was going to be our "Disney" edition we'd been waiting for..... Or were these addons for 3.0?

The toy box storymode though will be sadly missed along with any Disney figures we will never get, Peter Pan, Goofy, Wall-E, Eve, Big Hero 6 among others. Too bad they can't still make the figures lol.

rank_250
Maserati777
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Mickey&Maleficent » Sun May 15, 2016 9:39 pm

I have collected every figure and even all the variants, and all power discs (even King Mickey), and a bunch of accessories and even I would not buy a $45 figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3 Featured Toy Boxes:
Phineas' Blueprint Adventure
Mind Adventure

rank_1250_ftb
Mickey&Maleficent
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Letthewookiewin » Mon May 16, 2016 3:39 am

12 inch, 45 dollar figures sounds terrible to me unless, as a previous poster indicated, they did it for characters that were actually large. A 12 inch DI rancor figure would be an instant purchase for me. Overall, I'd prefer more light fx variants than 12 inch variants. An Elsa with a light up blue icicle forming in her hand or a Rapunzel with a glowing lantern would make my niece giddy. It's such a shame so many items in some form of completion won't see the light of day. Rogue One, Moana, and the Toy Box Playset that allowed all the characters to intermingle will be what I miss most if nobody picks up the DI license.

rank_0
Letthewookiewin

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys