Info on scrapped rogue one play set and more lost things.

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Info on scrapped rogue one play set and more lost things.

Postby Avenger222 » Thu May 12, 2016 11:23 pm

Kotaku Article: The Ambitious (Now Cancelled) Plans For Disney Infinity's Future Included Rogue One, Bigger Figures

oh my god.

this article hit the jackpot.

SHERIFF EDIT: InfinityInquirer highlights....

Ninja Theory was working on a Star Wars: Rogue One Play Set to release this fall
Studio Gobo was working on the Moana Play Set
12 Inch figures were coming.
Including: Buzz Lightyear, Elsa, Hulk, Hulkbuster, Jack Skellington, and Darth Vader
Priced at $45, and they would have “acted differently” in-game, lit up, and have more detail
2017 would have seen the release of Disney Infinity 4.0
Content would have been taken from properties such as: Cars 3, Star Wars VIII, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man Tell No Tales, Coco, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and Thor: Ragnarok
They would have dropped the “number scheme” (perhaps be just called “Disney Infinity”)
There would finally be a “Toy Box Story Mode” where you could play an entire story with any character you’d wish
Hasbro was approached, and perhaps even working on a deal, to help design the figures.
Essentially, everything Disney Infinity fans have been asking for.

Finally we would have gotten our precious story mode featuring cross overs from any universe. Lots more content, and to satisfy collectors, a new line of 12 inch figures?!

This doesn't make things any easier.

rank_100
Avenger222
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Info on scrapped rogue one playset and more lost things.

Postby Mickey&Maleficent » Thu May 12, 2016 11:48 pm

It's cool to hear about the awesome plans but it makes me really sad that they're not happening. Good find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3 Featured Toy Boxes:
Phineas' Blueprint Adventure
Mind Adventure

rank_1250_ftb
Mickey&Maleficent
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby -DC- » Thu May 12, 2016 11:50 pm

Wow...just wow. It seems inevitable we would eventually hear about what was in the works for DI. This seriously bums me out. :(

rank_50
-DC-

Postby Vidia » Fri May 13, 2016 12:11 am

Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia

Postby Lucidinferno » Fri May 13, 2016 12:17 am

Avalanche is done, but as said by others on other topics, it would be great if the platform, and thus the games that were in the pipeline, was rescued by another developer. Do away with the toys to life, and sell the figures virtually, like what was done on the PC and mobile platforms. That way risk is reduced. Potential reward wouldn't be as high, but if a figure doesn't sell as well, it won't likely sink the company.

rank_100
Lucidinferno
XBL ID:

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Fri May 13, 2016 12:23 am

Another studio has to step up and finish this ride. There is WAY to much time and money already put into this all to not finish this. Please!
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt

Postby Avenger222 » Fri May 13, 2016 12:38 am

Is it bad that it would totally take all those remaining hulks?

I'd give them out to kids.

rank_100
Avenger222
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Paradox » Fri May 13, 2016 1:32 am

Man, reading some of that just adds to the hurt. The 12" figures though, as awesome as I am 100% positive they would have looked, I would have just seen them as novelty and more of a money grab especially if they would have been larger versions of a few already released characters, irregardless of change in pose. But everything else, the new play sets, possibilities, franchises etc, sad to read about what may have been...

I agree Avenger222, if they wanted to do something nice and truly had THAT many extra figures, give them to organizations or people who would use them for, if nothing else, putting smiles on young children's faces who would love to play or even display a hulk figure, or any figure, no game play involvement necessary. I'd give some out to the kids at my local children's hospital just to see their faces light up being given something Disney related, what kid wouldn't love that!

rank_deputy
Paradox

Re: Info on scrapped rogue one play set and more lost things

Postby megadrive2 » Fri May 13, 2016 8:23 am

so painful to read, i was just starting to get over the news, but this has made things a lot more difficult to accept the end. If only they had re-painted all those hulks grey, they could have shifted them.

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys