Alice and Mad hatter confirmed by Disney Infinity France

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Alice and Mad hatter confirmed by Disney Infinity France

Postby Vidia » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:13 am

You know that would actually be a pretty good compromise. Give her the exact same moveset, but release figures of both. It's a better idea than the costume disc one.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia
Main Console: PS4

Postby OpossumGuy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:28 am

Hooray for a fifty point bonus. :D (I don't think I've ever seen a reference to The Martins and the Coys in the context of Infinity). I'd also buy the heck out of Fflewddur Fflam since I love bard characters. :P

Beyond that though, I can see both sides, but I do feel like they should do a better job at making it a mix of modern and classic, as opposed to fully modern with a sprinkling of classic. Like, I think more people would be accepting of using the animated versions of characters to promote the new films, like what they did with Baloo, versus what's happening with Alice and the Mad Hatter. Maybe it's a playset and that might have something to do with it. Either way, I completely understand the disappointment and agree with it as well. I know I'm not gonna buy the live-action versions, but it still pains me that now we may never see the more memorable classic versions of Alice and the Mad Hatter, and why I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for animated Belle and Beast when they inevitably get added next year.
"Why, if I picked a day to fly, oh, this would be it." - Quasimodo

rank_500
OpossumGuy
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Romulus77 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:43 am

Well we didn't get Cinderella with her film, so I wouldn't consider any of them as inevitable. In fact, I'm dubious to us getting any more of the older princesses. They aren't action-oriented like the game is. And that's not me saying that they can't be programmed as such. That's the easy part. It's the approval process that everything in the game has to go through. The Disney higher-ups wouldn't even allow Simba to be a mount, so I can easily see them objecting to the most elegant of princesses of the past being programmed with fighting moves. I think it's very telling that all the ones included so far have been from the action-oriented films. While we may be fine with Cinderella or Snow White fighting and acting as such, the people that protect the way those princesses are depicted probably aren't. Have the older princesses ever been used in any kind of action game before? Anybody?

I see Baloo just riding the extra awareness of the film release, not actively tying in like Alice will. Whether you like it or not, the first Burton Alice movie made $1 billion. That can't be ignored.

I never once envisioned an animated Hatter happening anyway. I never really viewed him as an integral character from the animated film. Alice and the Queen at most warranted figures.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby Vidia » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:06 am

Hmm, the oldest Princess I can think of a direct example for offhand is Ariel. She kicks major villain butt in Kingdom Hearts. After that it really depends how loose an interpretation you're going with. In Once Upon a Time, for example, Disney lets Snow White use both a sword and a bow.

For some indication of how the three older Princesses (Snow White, Cinderella and Aurora) might work in the game I'd personally look at their cards in Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom. Looking at Snow White's card in particular, I could see her wielding a broom like that in Disney Infinity. Even if they don't want to show her striking people directly, she could still blast them with clouds of dust. Then her super move could call on either the woodland animals or the dwarfs to help her, kind of like Leia's super move.

There are ways for them to "fight" without actually having them physically fighting. If that makes sense.

rank_750
Vidia

Postby Romulus77 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:12 am

Once Upon a Time has their own versions of each character, no different than the Burton film's Alice. So how Ginnifer Goodwin's Snow is depicted there has no bearing or connection to animated Snow.

Yes, they might be able to jump through hoops to give them non-physical attacks, but that still doesn't mean the execs in charge will have any part of it. I can see this applying to all kinds of characters like Winnie the Pooh and others too.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby Vidia » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:44 am

Once Upon a Time having their own versions of each character went out of the window when they brought in all the Frozen stuff. The point I was making though is that it shows a willingness to show the older Princesses in a different light. I wasn't suggesting that depiction would end up in the game.

Slightly confused about why you seem to think I wouldn't also want Winnie the Pooh in the game. That would be awesome. Really though, the Princesses are the number one selling toy franchise. You'd think they'd be willing to jump through whatever hoops are necessary to bring them in.

I only brought the Princesses up as an example of iconic classic characters though. There are plenty of others they could use.

rank_750
Vidia

Postby Stitch » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:45 am

If they do the Burton versions I will be SEVERELY disappointed. :/

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby Romulus77 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:58 am

I don't see how Frozen affects anything about Once being separate versions. They show the older princesses in a different light because they are different versions of those princesses.

I wasn't saying anything about your wanting Winnie the Pooh in the game. I was saying the the overseers of Pooh for Disney may not want their character utilized in such a way.

The Princesses are the number one selling toy franchise because of dolls, not action figures.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby Vidia » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:01 am

I guess we just see things fundamentally differently. I don't believe in just blindly recreating the same patterns as always. There's no reason the Princesses couldn't be action figures.

rank_750
Vidia

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys