Alice and Mad hatter confirmed by Disney Infinity France

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Alice and Mad hatter confirmed by Disney Infinity France

Postby OpossumGuy » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:20 am

As a quick count of JUST WDAS characters...

Mickey+Sorcerer Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Peter Pan, Tinker Bell, Baloo, Aladdin, Jasmine, Mulan, Stitch, Rapunzel, Ralph, Vanellope, Anna, Elsa, Olaf, Hiro, Baymax, Judy, Nick. So yeah, 21, and that's ONLY if you double count Mickey and Sorcerer Mickey. :P I could definitely see the "not enough WDAS characters" argument, especially since Pixar has 22, Marvel has 27, and Star Wars already has 19 in its shorter time in DI. And frankly, I agree.

It's the main reason that it really disappoints me that they went with the live action versions. People can say "just add a costume disc" all they want, but it won't change the fact that it'd be the live action Alice and Hatter on my shelf and in the stores. :/ It just has me worried for the future. Baloo managed to avoid the live-action fate, but now I need to worry about Beast likely sometime next year, since he's one of my favorite Disney characters in general.
"Why, if I picked a day to fly, oh, this would be it." - Quasimodo

rank_500
OpossumGuy
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Paradox » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:21 am

two more nice additions, glad to hear this. I'm a bit on the 'glad it's Burtons characters' side of the fence.

rank_deputy
Paradox
Main Console: PS4

Postby jayhawk4 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:48 am

This is good news. Not my favorite characters (Lewis Carroll just doesn't do it for me), but more characters is a good thing. If it's the Tim Burton version hopefully there will be costume discs. Infinity was due for another Johnny Depp figure anyway.

rank_50
jayhawk4

Postby Davidoffski1982 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:10 am

If I don't go crazy, i'll lose my mind

rank_0
Davidoffski1982
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Lightyear9358 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:35 am

Ugh! Another Johnny Depp figure - seriously?!!? Maybe it will come with a Donald Trump costume change disc? :lol:

rank_0
Lightyear9358

Postby BandAid » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:11 pm

It's about time to start campaigning for Mace WIndu and Frozone so Samuel Jackson can catch up to Depp. ;)

rank_50
BandAid
Main Console: PS4

Postby Calysto » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:43 pm

Technically the actor James Arnold Taylor already has 3 characters voiced by him present in the game. And if... if eventually a Kingdom Hearts playset materialises he could have a forth in the form of the best male character in any Final Fantasy. :D

rank_250
Calysto
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby TheANvil » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:25 pm

I'll be devastated if they use Burton designs. Not only was his first film quite bad (I say this as a fan of his work), but the actual classic film is a masterpiece. Easily one of Disney's best films ever.

I guess it will be another in a long list of extremely disappointing choices that the Disney Infinity team makes. I've got to hold on to a shred of hope that they'll go the Baloo route, especially as the Maleficent saw a lot of criticism.

It's not even just the fact that the Burton ones will get figures, it's also the fact that this would mean that we'd NEVER get the good ones.

I honestly think if they'd forwarned the fanbase of the direction they were going to start taking this series, i wouldn't have endeavoured into it. I was kind of suckered in by how good DI1's lineup was.

rank_250
TheANvil
XBL ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:47 pm

1.0 was almost completely full of modern era characters. I don't know how much more warning was needed.

Disney, Pixar, Live Action, a lightsaber. All in 1.0.

Disney already owned Marvel AND Star Wars at the time of 1.0 so I can't really see how anyone would be shocked at how the game would develop.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys