Star Wars: The Force Awakens play set ***SPOILERS***

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Star Wars: The Force Awakens play set ***SPOILERS***

Postby Sheriff Woody » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:51 pm

when you have played the Disney Infinity Star Wars: The Force Awakens play set if would like to discuss including spoilers please use this topic only.

thanks

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens play set ***SPOILERS***

Postby xboxfanuk » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:42 pm

**contains spoilers for the film as well**

So the power disc pack comes with something awesome...the Quad Jumper. This is a vehicle
Spoiler: show
that was seen in the film but destroyed before they could get inside it.
So you essentially getting a vehicle that was in the film but
never really used, now we get a crack at it in Infinity.
John - Gamertag: xboxfanuk

Friend me for some multiplayer fun.

rank_50
xboxfanuk
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Johnny Madman » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:03 am

So Finn is supposed to get a lightsaber after the battle with Unkar's thugs and before you fight the First Order troops, right?

I got the message about Finn getting a lightsaber, but it never appears in the game for me.

Also, congratulations to the DI team for creating the WORST BOSS EVER with Kylo Ren.

rank_0
Johnny Madman
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby xboxfanuk » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:05 am

On Jakku there is a mission where you hack a terminal and it unlocks some video games for the bored residents to play. And man let me tell you this is the most genus bit of mini-games I have seen yet in the series!

So the first one has you play as an X-Wing in a top down arcade style (think Geometry Wars) shooter. And your goal is to take out the tie-fighters and get a high score within the time limit. There are power ups as well. So not only do you have that game but there are five in total (I think, didn't count them) that are locked and you need to find their coin to unlock them somewhere in Jakku (possibly other maps as well?).
John - Gamertag: xboxfanuk

Friend me for some multiplayer fun.

rank_50
xboxfanuk
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Charlee » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:06 am

I need....

....a new Jedi Rey figure!!!!!!
We have the freedom of speech!!!

Lotso
Charlee
PSN ID:

Postby Cellsai » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:19 pm

This is the spoiler topic, so I'm not going to put any of my comments in spoilers. Movie and game spoilers will be everywhere in this thread, so it's your own fault for coming in here.

@Johnny Madman - It took me a bit to figure out how to get Finn to use the lightsaber too. You actually don't need to equip it or anything, it just adds an extra hit onto Finn's standard Melee attack combo. I think it's the fourth hit of his combo that becomes a lightsaber swing.
That was a pretty cool thing to do - unlock abilities over the course of the story. I was really shocked to see it happen even in this limited capacity.

It was pretty funny how they avoided any of the really sensitive spoilers for the story mode even though this is the direct tie in game. Supreme Leader Snoke? Nah. Kylo Ren's identity? Not important. The death at the end of the movie? Who needs it?

Speaking of Kylo though, his boss battle was friggin awful. Jeez that was one of the worst, most boring fights I've played in a video game in a while.

The scavenging/repair mechanic was paradoxically both annoying and not used enough. After I bought the Falcon I had so much scrap I never had to even think about it anymore. I think I ended the playset with 6 digits of extra scrap. They should have let you trade it in for something.

Despite those three complaints I did enjoy the playset though. It was pretty fun over all, looked really nice and had a good variety of things to do. The minigames on the holo-table were a really unexpected bit of fun! I'll likely boot up the playset a few times just to play those again.
The characters were okay to play as. Poe was kind of boring, but I really liked Kylo and Finn. Rey has some great animations on her melee attacks, though she's not terribly exciting to play as.

re: Lightsaber Rey? I will be completely not shocked if she gets a new figure for Episode 8 in a couple of years ;D

rank_250
Cellsai

Postby Johnny Madman » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:14 am

@Cellsai That's it? Just an additional hit at the end of his combo? I'll have to check that out now. I've just been using his Breaking Defenses for melee.

Also: Yes to Jedi Rey being an additional figure. I would not complain if that happened. It would work differently enough with a Lightsaber and Force powers. Heck, you could just give Rey Force Confusion as a new Special and then add the levitating effect for her Force Finisher (assuming we want her to keep the blaster.)

rank_0
Johnny Madman
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Mason_Ireton » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:19 pm

Looking forward to this playset, not a fan of Poe but I'll have to wait episode 8,

Amazon has a Force Awakens Bundle for $44.08 it'll be released next Tues, Dec 29, the bundle comes with Force Awakens Playset, Kylo and Poe figures, sadly they didn't include the Force Awakens Power Discs preordered mine yesterday

rank_500
Mason_Ireton
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Guinydyl » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:02 pm

Kinda confused why Finn got the lightsaber instead of Rey, probably 'cause he needed melee attacks and Rey has her bo staff thing (don't know technical name)
3.0 is awesome!!

rank_250
Guinydyl
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys