Hero Destroyer bosses

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Hero Destroyer bosses

Postby KillingRaptor » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:06 pm

Good to hear that there are more Tron fans on the forum, I love the franchise too! What I wouldn't give for a Tron/Rinzler figure... I do think it's peculiar that CLU is the only boss in the Hero Destroyer/Daily Challenges that isn't a figure. Or is Grievous a boss in there too? Haven't encountered him in there but since he's a boss from the boss spawner...
"Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it." - Robin Hood

My Videogame Collection

rank_1000
KillingRaptor
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby imachiiine » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:15 pm

[i'd love a Rinzler & a Grievous]
imachiiine

Postby David Gunn » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:37 pm

I was just gonna bring this up, since CLU has emerged as a Boss and a fully modeled character...Yesterday it also appeared that the Tron Legacy terrain texture was changed from its hexagonal pattern to the arena floor pattern from the film, that with the reveal of CLU as a boss makes me wonder if it might not be possible that maybe at some point there may be a larger plan for these Tron elements in the game. I mean i agree with what was mentioned about the other Bosses being characters with figures and yet here we have a Boss with no figure. Could there be at some point a planned release of a CLU figure or a 4 pack TRON disc set. It does seem odd to have these things happening at the same time. Also does anybody here remember some time back during the 2.0 release the game file was corrupted and through glitches we saw statues of Sam Flynn and Quarra, but wasn't there also another statue that was seen that didn't have the partial visor helmet of sam but instead had a full visor helmet but also a body indicative of the TRON styling. It just seems to me that through this Boss discovery and certain active changes that seem to have taken place, that there might be more here than just its face value. Again I only ask, because those Bosses for the most part all have physical figure character counter parts. It seems a little odd.

rank_0
David Gunn
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Postby craigbarnes88 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:19 pm

@david you very well may be right.
I watched an interview with JV where they discussed the controversy that exclusives had caused. And they did indeed discuss the tron digital exclusive characters. He mentioned that due to the overwhelming negative reaction, they rushed these two figures into production.
Now I'm not sure how much of this is how it actually went down, as we were originally alluded to the fact that both Tron figures would be in the 2.0 time frame.
But anyway back to my previous sentence, he said they rushed these two figures so they could get them out with the release of 3.0, to I presume squash the negative backlash from the digital exclusives.
Now if they did have to rush them out there, maybe they did have bigger plans for the world of Tron to begin with? Maybe there were more characters and whatnot coming. But because of the early digital exclusives and the negative response their hand was forced to release figures before they had finished what they had originally planned for the Tron franchise.
Hopefully they do add the rest of what they planned, and hopefully that includes a CLU figure down the line.

rank_100
craigbarnes88
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby caspartt » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:12 pm

I think CLU may have originally meant to be released digitally along side Sam and Quora. He is in the data files on the PC version of 2.0. Rather then have the model go to waste like with previous characters that have been cut (eg Ferb) they have used him for the Hero Destroyer.

Would love to see more Tron theme items and characters in the game but I think with the film being cancelled it is unlikely.

rank_100
caspartt
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby David Gunn » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:00 pm

I'm right there with you Craig and Caspartt...would love to find out because of CLU s inclusion as a Boss that there was something more to come. I mean seeing him as a Boss it just seems like a no brainer. I pay attention to the ways companies handle their properties and related media. It's been said that Disney has no more interest in Tron as a property by various people who supposedly have the inside scoop. But if a company was truly done with a property why would they waste the production cost and time to continue to perpetuate said properties existance in various forms of media, let alone interactive media. I mean two of the first backward compatible titles available for the XBOX ONE BC update are, TRON EVOLUTION and DISCS OF TRON. I knew CLU was a sidekick which in and of itself I thought was a surprising inclusion in the Infinity roster. But then to see him as a Boss, with all the other nods....just makes me believe that while in may not be an immediate priority. The property itself is far from being done and like you said, hopefully...however remote that hope may be....we might just get more Tron content for the Infinity Universe. And if Infinity is listening.....would love to see a SARK BOSS, but right now id like that CLU boss in my toy box, and I'd like his figure in my hands!:)

rank_0
David Gunn
XBL ID:

Postby craigbarnes88 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:54 pm

I can almost see the excuse for less character releases being how similar the characters look. Which is unfortunate because fans know the difference. Fans know the significance between white lines, orange lines, blue lines. But to parents they would all be the same figure. Hopefully with JV being a big enough Tron fan he can pull some stings.
Tron isn't as dead to Disney as John Carter is that's for sure, which is a shame also as I enjoyed John Carter but they sold off the rights :(.
But with Tron being an original Disney property they will always support it somewhere. It's even had nods in the once upon a time TV series. Disney knows it has a cult following, it just doesn't rake in the kind of money they want :(.
But yeah I was surprised about all the Tron support in the latest backwards compatibility update, made me very happy as I still have Evolution lying around. Might give it another play through now I can on my Xbox one :).

rank_100
craigbarnes88

Postby ElvisRV » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:37 pm

Tron Evolution is excellent, some of the best visuals in a video game I've witnessed. I doubt we'll ever see Clu just because the designs are so similar, which is really terrible.
I'm a big fan of Pixar and Disney Movies, and the Skylanders games. The Cars franchise and Ratatouille are my favorite Pixar movies. Paperman is my favorite thing to ever come out of Disney!
Credit goes to toops for my avatar!

rank_500
ElvisRV
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby FlameChampion267 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:41 pm

I just want to be able to use all the bosses with the boss generator...

rank_100_ftb
FlameChampion267
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys