Disney Infinity 3.0 Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0 Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set

Postby Pcboy99 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:42 pm

So is Chris evens the voice of this Cap? because its basically him

rank_100
Pcboy99
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby vynsane » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:42 pm

@Hopeless - They can't really introduce Thanos yet, he really hasn't done anything in any of the movies ;) I think a Spider-verse playset would be cool (naturally) but wouldn't have as much draw as something based on the MCU in general and AoU in particular.

@CJ1045 - that's Gamora from Guardians of the Galaxy with her "Space Armor" costume-change disc applied.

rank_100
vynsane
Main Console: Wii U

Postby CJ1045 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:46 pm

Yes, that is interesting - how are they going to do four player local - perhaps a new base with four slots will be part of the playset???!!

Thanks to all those that explained the Gamora costume disc thing!

CJ

rank_100
CJ1045

Postby vynsane » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:52 pm

^ New four-spot base - it seems like the only way, doesn't it? Which means the playset will be even more expensive.

Unless you place two figures on the base to register them, then take them off and register two additional figures. Not that it will be much of an issue for me - my daughter could go either way on this, loving the ability to 'beat up daddy' or not getting into fighting games much at all, and my wife won't play it, so it will be very unlikely that I'll ever need to have more than two players at once, and possibly only one most of the time :(

rank_100
vynsane

Postby caspartt » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:56 pm

Not too keen on having a re-release rather then a new character. That said the new sculpt does look very nice. As I was originally drawn to this game because of the figures I don't think I will be able to pass him up.

Need to see more about how the playset works before I am convinced if it will we any fun single player, as that is normally how I play Disney Infinity

rank_100
caspartt
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby megadrive2 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:57 pm

As has already been said, really surprised we are getting another Captain America figure (could easily be a costume disc), and the playset would have definitely suited a expansion disc rather than a full blown playset release. Can't say I'm hugely excited for either but the Cap figure does look very cool (well done Jeff Bunker & team). Once again it seems there are some folk within Marvel sticking their oar in and forcing DI to make unusual decisions with what, how & when it's properties get added. The only explanation is that decision making at marvel HQ involves drinking copious amounts of alcohol, spinning around on the office chairs for 2 minutes and then throwing a dart at a giant board full of ideas/dates etc.

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2

Postby CrissythePoet » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:58 pm

That's it? A variant of a figure already available and a brawler with almost no innovation that's limited to local multiplayer? Seriously, someone could build an arena in the Toy Box. I am really glad didn't set my expectations high for this playset.

rank_50
CrissythePoet
NN ID:

Postby Charlee » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:01 pm

The playset is a huge let down, a battle arena mode, that's not playset worthy. Will get repetitive and boring quick. And no online multiplayer really!

However after first being disgruntled I have to have that new captain America it has to be my favourite figure sculpt yet.
We have the freedom of speech!!!

Lotso
Charlee
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Undies » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:23 pm

At first I was disappointed, because I dislike varriant figures, (what next Helmetless Thor :P) and because there are so many Marvel characters that aren't playable that I want. Although these figures are getting so much better looking now, it kinda makes me want new figures of 1.0 characters with better details and new movesets. Buzz Lightyear with a glass helmet. Green Maleficent XD

Also if this is his Age of Ultron outfit I wonder why his base is different to Ultron and Hulk Busters. Darkgrey floortiles instead of yellow sand? Could this be a hint at a second playset?

rank_50
Undies
Main Console: PS3

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys