Disney Infinity 3.0 Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0 Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set

Postby Spider-Man » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:25 pm

^^^ So True. And Marvel is my favorite so it kind of sucks. I mean i love Disney and Star Wars but Marvel is my life.
"With great power comes great responsibility!" Quoted by Uncle Ben

rank_500
Spider-Man
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby airborne6176 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:46 pm

Question...

Did we EVER get an explanation as to why Yondu was BOTH a team-up character disc and an actual playable character? To my knowledge, he was the only one done this way. Ms. Marvel would have been a GREAT team-up and playable character (plus an NPC in the story)...
The hardest thing about parachuting is the ground.

rank_0
airborne6176
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Popularvote » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:50 pm

I think the big problem is they treat DI as something strictly for kids and not major fans. That's why everything has to be tied into the movies and cartoons, etc. And there are no girl characters because A) there are so few in the movies, and B) they subscribe to the antiquated notion that little biys don't buy toys of girls... never mind that DI's buying base is a bit more egalitarian.

^Avalanche had enough time left in the dev cycle for 2.0 for two extra characters. Marvel wanted Falcon to tie in with Winter Soldier and Yondu to tie in with GotG... despite him already being an NPC and team up.

rank_250
Popularvote

Postby KillingRaptor » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:25 pm

But what about a character like Jack Skellington then? Is he still that popular with the kids from today? I know I love that movie and a lot of people I know that are about my age do but I don't know if it still appeals to the kids now. Still he got his figure.

Same goes for some of the older Star Wars characters, especially Boba Fett. If he isn't fan service then I don't know who is. :lol:

Or would it only be Marvel that thinks that way? That the game is especially for kids.
"Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it." - Robin Hood

My Videogame Collection

rank_1000
KillingRaptor
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Popularvote » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:34 pm

It's just Marvel. I might be reading too much into it, but a lot of JV's tweets suggest Marvel is a huge pain to work with.

It was their idea to do Unmasked Cap, after all.

rank_250
Popularvote

Postby Mukluk4 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:50 pm

My son is 6 and has loved Jack Skellington and Boba Fett long before DI was created.

rank_100
Mukluk4
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:11 pm

@Mukluk4 I couldn't help but chuckle a bit and in the best way possible. Jack Skellington was created 2 years so, so before your son turned 4 he loved Jack. I was laughing cause the way you made it sound was like 20 years ago. "My son loved Jack before he was born." Please take this as a joke, cause I know how easy it is to misunderstand comments on a computer.
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt
Main Console: PS4

Postby Popularvote » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:43 pm

...Jack Skellington WAS created twenty years ago. Nightmare Before Christmas, 1993.

rank_250
Popularvote

Postby vynsane » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:55 pm

For the record, my 9 y/o daughter is a huge fan of "The Nightmare Before Christmas". She's already decided to dress up like Sally next Halloween. She was the Queen of Hearts from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland this year and Edward Scissorhands the year before that (sense a theme?) So, yeah, as long as adult fans of TNBC and/or Tim Burton have kids who become fans (as in our case), Jack Skellington will continue to be a popular character. It's similar to how Star Wars fandom perpetuates, just on a slightly smaller scale.

rank_100
vynsane
Main Console: Wii U

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys