The Inside Out Playset is..

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: The Inside Out Playset is..

Postby Pcboy99 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:59 am

The inside out play set looks... Mediocre, Disney perhaps leave the platforming games to Nintendo :)

rank_100
Pcboy99
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby pjhaan » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:51 am

^ perhaps you should try it before you say it looks mediocre. I plan on buying it this weekend.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Goofyboy » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:28 pm

I'm not sure why people are complaining about the platforming. I'm a platformer fan (Mario, Raymen, Donkey Kong... name it) and I'm really enjoying the playset, like A LOT. Very cool design choices with the 5 special abilities, the switch puzzles, the collectibles, the time trial... everything is there IMO. It might be one of my favorite playset of them all (even with 2 players).

Sure, Nintendo has years of practice... but that could be said for every single type of game in Disney Infinity. DI is a Jack of all Trades, Master of none. Well, we could say its a master at Building game, but you get my point.

That being said, I enjoy Infinity for all the diversity, definitely not because its the best platformer, dungeon crawler, racing game... If you want those, go play Super Mario, Diablo, Mario Kart/Forza...

rank_250
Goofyboy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mr. Vasuri83 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:26 pm

Since 2.0, everyone has been asking for more playsets and more varied gameplay in them. I think anyone without an opposing fanboy agenda can agree that they've delivered on that so far on 3.0

I honestly think that people are running out of things to complain about because Avalanche/DI has listened to their fan base very well, so they are now complaining that each playset isn't the same caliber as AAA games.

Maybe this playset isn't for you. I'll admit that the co-op is very frustrating, but so was Super Mario Bros U. I can't think of a true platformer that had great co-op.

In the end, I like the variety of the playsets in 3.0, and Inside Out is fun and light-hearted while still presenting a solid challenge.

rank_100_ftb_10
Mr. Vasuri83

Postby ExtraTerrorestrial » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:58 pm

I haven't started the Inside Out playset yet so I can't really give an informed opinion, but I don't think the co-op issues will bother me. Most platformers are a real pain in multiplayer due to skill gaps between players. There aren't a whole lot of easy ways to fix that.

rank_50
ExtraTerrorestrial

Postby Cellsai » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:30 am

Sonic 2 on the Megadrive/Genesis is a solid co-op experience for the most part!

rank_250
Cellsai

Postby ExtraTerrorestrial » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:07 pm

@ Cellsai That's true. Co-op is also the only way Tails could ever survive because he really seems to have a death wish when he is just a.i. :)

rank_50
ExtraTerrorestrial

Postby purplesteve6 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:00 am

I completed this playset 100%. I'll echo some of the thoughts I already posted in a different thread:

As a platformer, this is truly legit. Very few video games based on movies are any good. This one stands up as a solid exception. The level design is well-planned, well-executed, unique, and fun.

100% completion does become a chore. In recent Mario games, this involved finding 3 stars, a stamp, and landing at the top of the flagpole. The balloon collection is ridiculous. This would be the equivalent of finding every coin in a Mario level. I spent over an hour on more than one level because of those green balloons. It did cease to be fun, or challenging.

In the end, this is the best playset, so far. The others became repetitive in format (a format I do not dislike; repetitive nonetheless). The challenges within the sets became brutally repetitive at time. How many times do I need to find batteries to power something in Guardians of the Galaxy?

rank_50
purplesteve6
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Pcboy99 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:56 am

I still plan on getting it, the figures look awesome

rank_100
Pcboy99
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys