The Inside Out Playset is..

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

The Inside Out Playset is..

Postby Mukluk4 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:55 pm

A great single player platformer, but is the most painful multiplayer experience I've ever encountered.

rank_100
Mukluk4
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: The Inside Out Playset is..

Postby Goofyboy » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:06 pm

I mostly played it with my girlfriend and we are having a fun time. Sure, forget about the 7:00 timer if one of the players is not as good as the other, but it's all fun IMO. I'm glad they did it that way.

rank_250
Goofyboy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mickey&Maleficent » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:37 pm

I tried two levels with my younger brother and he wanted to fly through it as fast as possible while I was trying to get collectibles. I was in a bubble a lot.
3 Featured Toy Boxes:
Phineas' Blueprint Adventure
Mind Adventure

rank_1250_ftb
Mickey&Maleficent
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mukluk4 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:51 pm

It really takes teamwork and patience to get through some of the obstacles, which is impossible with a 6 year old. Every other playset was easily accessible for him until this one. He gets really frustrated with the lack of freedom that this has to offer.

rank_100
Mukluk4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby hoodoo » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:02 pm

My daughters are eight years old and we found we work great together getting balloons and manual pages but light bulbs and the timed stars are left for single play throughs. That being said we got 100% in that playset this weekend.
A dad, a husband and a gamer.

rank_250
hoodoo
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby StoryShtick » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:01 am

Having two players can really help with switches, but it has been trying at times.

rank_50
StoryShtick
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Calysto » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:54 pm

Well, without good level and game design the experience in this type of games will always be average at best.

There are some studios/developers that have many years of experience and a lot a dedication and love put into creating great platforming games. Avalanche does not have the experience, the time, the money or the liberty to do such thing. They have some good level designers because there is hints of it throughout their games, but maybe not enough to accomplish a good result.

rank_250
Calysto
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby 80sDuckFan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:58 pm

While I enjoy the set, I've resorted to constantly switching out my figures to fit each task at hand rather than use the in game switcher. Especially in the later levels. I've lost way too many lightbulbs thanks to "sudden death" situations.

rank_250
80sDuckFan

Postby GermanBoldItalic » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:32 am

@80sDuckFan I think the game switcher is intended for people without the figures. If you have all the figures you can switch at will, instead of just when the play set absolutely requires a figure.

Inside Out has been my favorite play set so far. I love the collectibles and the character switching. It's a solid platformer and I would love to see more of this content in Disney Infinity.

I really hope someone can make some stellar 2D platforming levels, they've always been my favorite aspects of Disney games. Castle of Illusion is pure perfection for me.

rank_250
GermanBoldItalic
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys