Jar Jar Binks figure?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Jar Jar Binks figure?

Postby Infinityfan » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:36 pm

@darkrai848, oh I haven't done that mission. yeah I don't think he'll be playable now. I don't want him

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby ExtraTerrorestrial » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:45 pm

RLM's Mr Plinkett refers to Jar Jar as a cartoon rabbit and I can't say I disagree. But if any cartoon SW rabbit is getting in this game it should be Jaxxon. Never gonna happen though.

rank_50
ExtraTerrorestrial

Postby PerryTheMonkey » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:15 am

The Jar Jar factor has intrigued me in recent years. I did not really like him in the movies. I agree with the haters that he is not needed. But what gets me is one Infinity figure we got this time. Olaf! When I saw Frozen, I heard all the hype about Olaf and how everybody loves him, some even more than the two princesses. To me, Olaf was nothing more than a snow covered version of Jar Jar.
So if Olaf got a figure, we can either call him snow Jar Jar or use that as reasoning why we should expect a Jar Jar figure. One annoying character needs another.

rank_50
PerryTheMonkey
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Violent_Virtuoso » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:00 am

Jar Jar Binks is near the top of my wish list, right behind a ton of Marvel figures and Goofy. He's hilarious and I loved what they did with him as an NPC in the Rise Against the Empire Playset, so it would be awesome to get him as a figure. Not sure how he would work in regards to combat, but there are plenty of current figures that I initially felt the same way about and turned out great.

There is definitely some doubt as to whether he gets a figure or not because of the silly widespread hate for him. I'll never understand it, but it is a reality, so I'll just keep hoping and definitely make sure to vote for him if and when they do an #OurDisneyInfinity campaign exclusively for Star Wars figures. :)

rank_0
Violent_Virtuoso
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby ExtraTerrorestrial » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:30 am

The reason Jar Jar is so widely hated by SW fans is because he really doesn't gel with what Lucas had already done. The original trilogy was fun, but still maintained a serious tone. Go watch the original trilogy and then sit through Episode 1. It's very jarring. Granted, Jar Jar isn't entirely deserving of all of the hate. He was meant to entertain kids and he certainly seems to. Episode 1 was a very big letdown for a lot of people and Jar Jar ended up becoming the face of everyone's anger/disappointment.

I actually think he works better in the Clone Wars series. I actually enjoyed some of his episodes. It really stems from his cartoon-like nature not working well with the films.

rank_50
ExtraTerrorestrial

Postby monkyby87 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:05 pm

@ExtraTerrorestrial, you said it best I think. In certain venues (Clone Wars) he works well, but for the live action movies he doesn't.

rank_250
monkyby87
Main Console: Wii U
Disney ID:

Postby nathanbanks » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:26 pm

I like Jar Jar! Don't love him personally, but I do like him. I think it's awful that people wish him harm and all sorts because the character himself is harmless. It's slightly disturbing really :|

rank_250
nathanbanks
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:10 am

I love Jar Jar! If they made him into a figure, I would definitely get him. Having said that, I would much rather have a SW Rebels Hera figure instead. I wouldn't mind seeing Jar Jar down the line, but I think other characters like Hera, Pamdé, Palpatine, and/or Mace Windu should get a spot first.

I'd also like to say that while I love Jar Jar, I know not everyone does, and I respect that. Hate is a powerful thing however (just ask Master Yoda). While I don't have anything against anyone who doesn't care for Jar Jar, I don't think it's right to be purposefully abusing the character because you are filled with disgust for him. There are much better uses for one's energy than hatred. ;)

So if you don't like Jar Jar, don't want Jar Jar, hope to never see Jar Jar again, that's fine.

But I'm definitely on Team Jar Jar 4.0! :D
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby Jack Frost » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:42 am

Yah maybe but not before other more important characters.

rank_100_ftb
Jack Frost

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys