Disney Infinity for Apple TV

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity for Apple TV

Postby Lucidinferno » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:53 pm

The graphics are on par with the Xbox One, but controlling the x-wing using the motion controls is difficult. Controlling the characters on an iPad/iPhone is frustrating enough. I can't imagine how they're going to pull off controlling a character using the remote (Apple has stated that, while you can tailor your game to be played with a tradition controller, all games must include a way to be controlled by remote). Avalanche has made a wise decision to include a controller with the game.

rank_100
Lucidinferno
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Disney Infinity for Apple TV

Postby MightyGitis » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:07 pm

@lucidinferno I'm intrigued to see how the controller works once it is out

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Lucidinferno » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:47 pm

I'll let you know.

rank_100
Lucidinferno
XBL ID:

Postby Sherrif Ben » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:30 pm

I was wondering coz by DI 2.0 when it came out for the PS Vita they reveal a new figure that was included by the game.
So when DI 3.0 comes out for the Apple TV will they do that again or something like that?
Does anybody have deatails how the starterpack will look like?
Hi Ho Silver Away

rank_750
Sherrif Ben

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:53 am

The starter pack includes Ahsoka Tano, Anakin Skywalker, Twilight of the Republic, a black portal, & and SteelSeries Nimbus controller. It currently retails for $99.
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt

Postby soccerdude21490 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:58 am

Here is my video unboxing of the product...

Bluetooth does not work for any other console, but does work via USB for Playstation and Nintendo platforms
AKA: Jason over at www.InfinityInquirer.com

Chatter
soccerdude21490
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Lucidinferno » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:36 pm

Out of all the options to experience DI... console, pc, mobile, and now Apple TV... this is the worst. The audio's bitrate is low, and sounds as if it's playing from a tin can, and the load times are horrible; both are because apple doesn't let an app store more than 200mb at a time on the Apple TV. If an app is larger, all data must be streamed. The iOS app, which the Apple TV app appears to be a port of, is over 3gb when fully loaded. This means only 5-10% of the game is on the Apple TV at any given time, the rest preloading or streaming as you play, creating the slow load times, and likely causing Disney to shave some bits off the audio.

Hopefully Apple will greatly raise the onboard memory allowance for the apps. Until then, DI on the Apple TV is a frustrating experience.

rank_100
Lucidinferno
XBL ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:13 pm

Disney Press Release ...

DISNEY INFINITY 3.0 EDITION LAUNCHES FOR APPLE TV

Special Edition Starter Pack with SteelSeries Nimbus Wireless Controller
Available Now at Apple Retail Stores Nationwide

GLENDALE, Calif. – (Nov. 11, 2015) – Disney Interactive today launched Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition for Apple TV, giving families a new way to play the game this holiday. The Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Starter Pack, which includes the SteelSeries Nimbus Wireless Controller and a black Bluetooth Disney Infinity Base, is available now at Apple retail stores nationwide.

The game offers the full Disney Infinity 3.0 experience, including all 3.0 Play Sets, figures and Toy Box Expansion Games. In addition, all figures and Power Discs from the 1.0 and 2.0 editions of Disney Infinity are also compatible with the Apple TV version of the game.

“Apple TV represents an incredible opportunity for us to bring Disney Infinity to a new audience of players who may not have a game console in their household,” said John Blackburn, SVP and GM, Disney Infinity. “We’re offering the complete Disney Infinity 3.0 experience on this device, optimized for Apple TV, and we’re already planning new Disney Infinity experiences for the App Store.”

As one of the must-have titles of 2015, Disney Infinity 3.0 offers a comprehensive Star Wars gaming experience and lets parents and kids enjoy classic and new Star Wars stories and characters together.

“We jumped at the opportunity to work with the Disney Infinity team, as we immediately recognized that it was going to be one of the first blockbuster titles on Apple TV,” said Craig Olson, President of SteelSeries Mobile, the world’s leading gaming accessory company. “We’ve engineered the Nimbus Wireless Controller especially for Apple TV gameplay experiences, and it was only fitting to include it in the Disney Infinity 3.0 Starter Pack for players to enjoy the game the way it was intended to be played."

The Disney Infinity 3.0 Starter Pack for Apple TV will be available at a suggested retail price of $99.99 and include:

· (1) Star Wars™: Twilight of the Republic Play Set piece
· (1) Anakin Skywalker and (1) Ahsoka Tano figures
· (1) A Bluetooth enabled Disney Infinity base
· (1) Web code card for mobile and PC devices
· (1) SteelSeries Nimbus Wireless Controller

Players can also experience the Battle of Yavin from Star Wars™: Episode IV: A New Hope™ when they download the Disney Infinity 3.0 app from the App Store. Additional Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Play Sets, figures and Power Discs are sold separately.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BlackWidow » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:06 am

@Lucidinferno

That's exactly what I was fearing. I just couldn't imagine that it could be a smooth experience. Given how extremely resource intensive DI is, I just couldn't see how even the new specs on the Apple TV would handle it. My guess is when you get to downloading community titles, it's going to be even worse (vs. the playsets).

rank_100
BlackWidow
Main Console: Wii U

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys