Disney Infinity for Apple TV

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity for Apple TV

Postby da-nothing » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:41 am

This sounds soo interesting! :D My family's definitely getting the new Apple TV (my sisters have been waiting for a new one for years), hopefully I'll get the 3.0 starter pack. Really curious about the controller.

Also, please Infinity team, don't lose support for this system in future entries, don't really want a 3DS/Vita situation with the Apple TV too.

rank_100
da-nothing
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Stitch » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:15 am

I would much prefer consoles, Apple TV controls seem to weird and I find the overall experience with friends better on a console, but hey, that is just me.
Surprised Apple TV Starter Pack isn't getting something similar to "Black Spiderman" like the Vita got. Kind of relieved.

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Postby Elmo STM » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:34 am

@stitch it hasn't been said that they aren't either

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby vongruetz » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:36 pm

There is so much that has yet to be revealed about 3.0 on the AppleTV. At this point, I almost have more questions than answers. There's no doubt the system is powerful, and probably will be a bit more capable than the PS3/X360 and somewhere around the WiiU (just guessing). The game will be the full console experience and not just the Toy Box, which reminds of the Vita version from earlier this year. That of course also brings up memories of extremely downgraded graphics and inferior performance. Infinity can chug on the PS4 at times, so I'm curious as to how well it will do on a low-powered machine like this.

We've also learned that the game will be compatible with that tiny Apple remote but it will also come with its own special controller. What does that mean? How will playing Infinity with a tiny remote work? It's not going to be a digital-only game and will have a unique power base to read your figures. That also reminds me of the Vita version which also highlighted its biggest failure: no multiplayer.

Is Infinity 3.0 on the AppleTV going to be single player only? The greatest feature of Infinity is playing with friends or your family. If this isn't a feature on the AppleTV, then there's really no point in it.

rank_0
vongruetz
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Gorki247 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:42 pm

@illuminaugust Do you really this will be "the no 1 place to play Infinity"? The hardware does not compare to PS4/Xbox One, so I would expect this to have the some memory limitations.

This might get some people to look at Infinity, and could be ideal as a second device to play the game on (if they release a base/controller only pack), but anyone that is serious about Infinity will stick with a console.

rank_100
Gorki247

Postby illuminaugust » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:05 pm

@Gorki247 I was thinking if you used the figures like the PC-version so you wouldn't have to switch them out whenever you want to change. and I don't have a pc so that's why it would probably be my first choice :)

rank_100
illuminaugust

Postby TheEAB » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:10 pm

Mickey&Maleficient: Maybe a starter pack with 4-5 character cards instead of 2 figures?

rank_100
TheEAB
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby illuminaugust » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:41 pm

It would be cool if they had snow white as an exclusive with this!! (you know, the apple thing).

rank_100
illuminaugust

Postby Romulus77 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:59 pm

Nah, Apple repaint of Lightning McQueen.

http://www.myfavoriteapple.com/wp-conte ... apz001.jpg

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys