Disney Infinity for Apple TV

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity for Apple TV

Postby Stitch » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:10 am

Only reason I would ever want it is for that AMAZING base.
Might have to buy the base alone on eBay. They should consider making different color bases for future games. For example, 4.0 culd come with a blue base or something. It would make people fine with having multiple bases, and even make collecting them fun instead of dreading having multiple bases.

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:23 am

That's what I want also is the base. Can't bring myself to purchasing the entire bundle just for the base.
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt
Main Console: PS4

Postby BlackWidow » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:05 pm

While I don't want this base (as apparently it's only wireless with Apple TV), I do hope they have a wireless base for everyone available sooner or later.

rank_100
BlackWidow
Main Console: Wii U

Postby ronniedobbs » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:17 pm

Since the Nimbus Controller is already out in the US, I bought one for my ATV4 before I had to leave for overseas work, so I'm hoping I can still just buy characters digitally. The only two physical 3.0 figures I have anyway are Kanan and Sam Flynn, both toy box characters so no big whoop.

@lucidinferno - that's not exactly true, the App Store now uses app thinning and app slicing to help facilitate large game downloads (200mb is only the initial package) 2 more GB can be stored locally, updated and deleted on the go up to a total of 20GB.

rank_100
ronniedobbs

Postby Lucidinferno » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:38 am

I stand partially corrected. The initial install can be up to 200mb, then the app, after installed, can request additional data, up to 2gb. After that, the app developers can stream up to 20gb to the app, but it won't be permanent stored. That means that the onboard storage is over 1gb smaller than the iPhone or iPad, likely meaning that you'll be frequently waiting for content to download.

I'd like to hear of someone's experience is different, but this version of DI still appears to be inferior to all other versions.

rank_100
Lucidinferno
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby porkozone » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:38 pm

Can anyone confirm whether or not the Apple TV version can play 2 player split screen?

I know a few platforms don't have 2 player, and have not seen anything definitive on this.

rank_0
porkozone

Postby PleasantlyGrim » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:44 pm

Load times can be pretty bad. Gameplay is fine, Graphics are pretty good. At times Graphics are a little better then what I remember with DI1 on the Xbox 360.

rank_100
PleasantlyGrim
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby ronniedobbs » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:53 am

Has anyone bought it? I see it's available at Apple Stores and online. Is there any chance I can download it and buy digital characters like the PC version? I'd hate to have to haul that Starter Pack back to my country from the US on my vacation, and the lightsabers get easily broken on figures during transport. Those Light FX are sweet though!

rank_100
ronniedobbs

Postby ronniedobbs » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:18 pm

New update enables digital only version.

rank_100
ronniedobbs

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys