Disney Infinity 3.0 go from level 0 to 20 in 7 minutes

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0 go from level 0 to 20 in 7 minutes

Postby Cellsai » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:57 am

He's asking what discs he should equip to his character while harvesting sparks.

The TRON 'User Control' disc from Toys R Us increases the amount of sparks you earn, so that's a good one.

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby Mickey&Maleficent » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:04 am

Oh sorry. I was trying to respond to a post a page back before I moved to the next page.
3 Featured Toy Boxes:
Phineas' Blueprint Adventure
Mind Adventure

rank_1250_ftb
Mickey&Maleficent
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:15 am

I just loaded all my playsets, toy box games, power discs and ALL characters (except varients) and I am at roughly 140%. I didn't check after I loaded my duplicate discs. I did forget to load my other 3.0 characters before charging though

It still takes a while. I only got 4 characters (Mulan, Sadness, Sam and Quorra).

I am using a User Control and Mickey's Hat

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Rated-G » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:38 am

Does this actually work for anyone? I've never been able to get this work chamber to work in 2.0, and even from scratch it's not working for me in 3.0. I have Maccus set as the enemy, I get maybe one wave of enemies destroyed a day, even after resetting the console. That first wave gives a lot of experience, usually enough to get anyone under level 15 up a level or two. Then the next wave has maybe 10 orange sparks, and from the wave after that one its pretty much solely green and purple sparks.

I tried leveling up Falcon by making a new spark chamber in 3.0, and saw the same results. He's been sitting for about 3 and a half hours and is just shy of level 9. I have two User Control disks active, and 169.5% Experience Bonus from my collection.
I really want to be able to use this to level up my remaining 1.0 characters, as they're difficult to use and level up at this point, but a year later and I still can't get this to work. Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else had similar experiences with this?

rank_0
Rated-G
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Gillbob316 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:11 am

Yeah, I made one from scratch, and it doesn't seem nearly as efficient in practice as the thread makes it sound.

I mean I have it functioning the way it should, but the orange sparks seem to dwindle pretty fast... and it's highly inefficient, so many sparks just lie to the sides wasted, you get a much bigger return if you actually move around in there, rather than if you stand still, but that kinda defeats the purpose of an automated chamber. Makes me feel like there's gotta be a better design out there... that or I'm doing something wrong. Or both.

All I can figure is maybe it's master control making all the difference. I don't actually have Master Control, so maybe the disc makes the XP orbs spawn with more regularity? Other than that I followed the design pretty much to the letter.

I then tried making a multi-tiered chamber that used ramp blocks to channel the sparks downward into the center, but it didn't really work. Too many got stuck on the slopes and cracks of the ramps. Still, I'm thinking there's gotta be a better way to get all the sparks channeled into one spot. I saw someone out there in the interwebz make mention of using like... a wind tunnel to blow them all onto you... but I have no idea how that works.

rank_0
Gillbob316
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby wherestron » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:40 am

@MightyGitis had a cool one using the Path Creator and the Plume Log on a river in one of her recent Twitch streams. Basically, you put the character in the log, and they go around the river with the villains popping in the middle. Needed a bit of tweaking, but I think the concept was sound enough.

In 2.0 I found moving around made a huge difference, as did switching characters after a few level ups. I found leaving the same character in the chamber often led to a crash.
Cheers,
wherestron
---
Add me on PSN, XBL, iOS and Twitter: @wherestron

rank_250
wherestron
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mickey&Maleficent » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:08 am

You definitely need to move around in a cirlce to get the orange sparks.
3 Featured Toy Boxes:
Phineas' Blueprint Adventure
Mind Adventure

rank_1250_ftb
Mickey&Maleficent
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Cellsai » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:31 am

My Spark Chamber design is a much narrower and taller one than that shown in Sherrif's.
It's only 3 enemy generators and a teleport pad on the bottom floor, then 4 enemy generators on each floor above it. It stacks about 10 floors high so all the sparks fall directly down onto the central character. I have no power discs and I was able to reliably max out a character in a couple of hours in 2.0.

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby pjhaan » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:34 am

The spark generator I made (Spark Plug!!! - available in Community Content) has twin towers to level up 2 figures at the same time. They each have more than a dozen enemy generators and are very narrow and enclosed so you don't have to run around to collect sparks.

I generated about 80,000 toy store sparks while I slept last night!!! They have all been spent!

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys