Disney Infinity 3.0 go from level 0 to 20 in 7 minutes

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0 go from level 0 to 20 in 7 minutes

Postby Elmo STM » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:00 pm

Discs only add if you have duplicates, 3.0 figures are worth 5% each so more of them will add % quickly

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Goofyboy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:11 pm

Thanks! I won't be doing this until I get all the figures then! :)

I plan on doing it only on my 1.0 figures that I will most likely won't play anymore. I hoped for some upgrades that would make them a bit more usefull, but doesn't look like we'll get any this time around.

rank_250
Goofyboy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby dcp3y » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:00 pm

@Elmo STM - I'm curious about the double power disc benefit. Do you know if you have multiple of the same disc, do you need to stack them together or does the system recognize the duplicate if you place it later? I ask because I have already done one of every disc and if I were to add my duplicates, wondering if I need to pair them up or if they can go on their own. I have a set of all round ones and orange ones in power disc capsules for easy use and also a full set of power discs by wave in PDP books. When I loaded them last night, I used the capsules for all red and orange with the purple (texture/sky) coming out of the books. Definitely would like to have my bonus as high as possible before taking spark showers.

@sheriff woody - thanks for the spark shower clips. Glad this process is much faster this edition. Did you also place that toy box in community content?

rank_100
dcp3y
Main Console: PS4

Postby Elmo STM » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:59 pm

I honestly have no idea someone above me posted about the duplicates, they count as half a percent per duplicate. All discs and figures have unique ids so assume they don't need to be stacked together :)

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Gillbob316 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:11 pm

Yeah, bonuses are cumulative for duplicate figures and discs. And that's EVERY duplicate, so if you have 8 of the same disc, and you keep putting them all on, it will keep stacking more bonus. Time to dig out your bin/baggie of duplicate discs.

The same was true in 2.0. I discovered this one day after accidentally putting a duplicate terrain disc on my portal and noting the "2" in my collection screen

Now that said, could anyone give me a little perspective on the pros and cons of power leveling all my characters this way?

To be honest, I've been playing since 1.0 and I still don't have a single character level capped. I'm a compulsive collector, so I own nearly every figure (and will eventually own them all)... but I only really play casually, and I find owning and playing every figure makes it nearly impossible to level them all casually. A select few are gold, a couple silver, most bronze or below, but not one is capped. It's also very frustrating when I want to start a new character, but he's so drastically underleveled that he gets wailed on left and right, dies quickly, and I just have to turn right back to my leveled characters immediately...

SO... I'm considering constructing this leveling box when I get home, and just tossing them all in (or at least a majority of them)... however I worry that it will trivialize the gameplay I've yet to experience... so I may hold off on a select few. Because I worry all the challenge would be removed if I capped everyone (and this is an all ages game, so there isn't a ton of challenge to begin with). But then I think... well... I could always cap them all, then just reset them should I ever feel the need for a challenge (since I could always just use the box to cap them again). SO anyway, I'm undecided on how to proceed and just looking for some feedback... wondering if there are any unforseen side effects/circumstances I haven't considered and weighed.

Should I cap all of them? None of them? Most of them? How much does it trivialize gameplay? Are there any drawbacks to resetting them should I change my mind? What are folks thoughts?

rank_0
Gillbob316

Postby Goofyboy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:21 pm

Gillbob316, do what I'm planning to do. Level up older characters that you will most likely not play with in the new playsets or Toybox Takeover and keep the other ones for some real leveling up fun ! :)

rank_250
Goofyboy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby diehardest13 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:56 pm

thanks sheriff woody for the video. i have never made anything in the toy box so the spark generator was my first and works great.

what are the best power discs to use to increase the value of the sparks?

rank_50
diehardest13

Postby Mickey&Maleficent » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:40 pm

^Only if you have more than one of a disc.
3 Featured Toy Boxes:
Phineas' Blueprint Adventure
Mind Adventure

rank_1250_ftb
Mickey&Maleficent
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby diehardest13 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:40 pm

Yep got most of them. What ones are the best to use?

rank_50
diehardest13

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys