Launch Day retailer problems

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Launch Day retailer problems

Postby Quasimod0 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:53 pm

I pre ordered from amazon, and my ps4 starter pack will be here today. However, instead of shipping the toy box takeover with the starter pack, they give you a code for a free Toy Box takeover game that you have to order separately. So the Takeover game was free, but i had to pay 5 bucks shipping! :/

rank_500
Quasimod0
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Goofyboy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:32 pm

@Redarmy354: I preordered the inside out crew on Amazon.ca and they first sent me an email saying something like Sept 18 or something. I then got another email saying it was shipped Saturday. And it was in the mail box today. So I'm pretty sure you will get it quicker than what they are saying... they keep it on the REALLY safe side, not sure why. No clue about the Takeover though, got mine at EB Games, without issues!

rank_250
Goofyboy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Musicboy74 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:55 pm

Update on my issue of not getting the TB Takeover:

Customer Service told me I would have to contact the store to get it fixed. Called the store and explained the problem, the employee said to come back with the receipt. I walked to the Infinity section and they must have gotten a second shipment, because there were way more figures than yesterday, and a rack of TB Takeovers. I grabbed one and they fixed the issue.

Bonus: They let me keep the TotR discs from yesterday! :D
Want to join the Disney Infinity Fans Steam group? Click the globe icon!

Lotso
Musicboy74
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby JerrodDRagon » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:02 am

Took Best Buy 30 minutes to find the "Toy Take Over" disks....thank god because the manager seemed like not a cool guy and if they didn't find them was going to tell me I was out of luck even though I pre ordered online and those bonus are ALWAYS tied to you and not subject to first come first serve BS

rank_50
JerrodDRagon
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby CosmoXY » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:57 pm

Same issues at my Target. No Toy Box Takeover and 2 for $20 not ringing up correctly. I don't even have the game because of this. Going to go back and see if they'll just give me $19.99 off the Inside Out playset or something.

rank_0
CosmoXY
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Postby Vidia » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:59 pm

Five days later and I still haven't received the Disgust figure that I preordered from GAME.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia

Postby dcp3y » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:51 pm

I also preordered launch stuff from the 6 retailers with exclusives.

Target, Amazon, and TRU were all mail ordered and Gamestop, Best Buy,and Walmart were in store pickups. All orders placed early July.

Target sent their package a day early - so Sabine and Yoda a day before I could even play them. A+ for Target mail order (love early)
Amazon - package a day after release as next mail day - Fear - B+ for Amazon (expected - day late and no way to get this character on release day)
TRU - still waiting for Ezra and Inside Out playset - F for TRU mail order (I know I could get these in store - very disappointed with mail preorder)
Gamestop - Zeb character ready at opening on release day - A- for Gamestop store order although listed $1 above other retailers
Best Buy - Saga edition plus 8 characters ready at pickup with buy 3, get one free added at check-out - A for Best Buy store order
Walmart - visit store on launch day and find out Kanan and two power disc packs are not available in order pickup. Ask manager to swap order for what is on the floor. No dice. End up buying another set with mail order price honored ($5 power disc packs). Notified Monday that ordered package is available. Pick up Tuesday and have to wait in long queue at customer service to return now-duplicate Kanan. Apparently website to store is an entirely different line of business than the regular retail. Big hassle all around. D (being generous since they did have in stock on release once I got them to look - website orders are wasted effort)
Ended up giving up on TRU for Inside Out and bought at Best Buy saving $7 from GCU. Now will have to return extra to TRU when arrives. Still waiting on Ezra - last of launch characters needed.

Note since some may not be familiar with this grading scale: A+ = Best effort, A = Good Effort, A- = Met expectations, B+ = Acceptable, B/B-/C+/C/C- not used - varying degrees of acceptable, D = minimally acceptable effort, F = failure to meet expectations.

Hoping future releases come out on Fridays and not Sundays.

rank_100
dcp3y

Postby esp2000 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:45 pm

I am still waiting on Amazon to ship my Fear. I preordered him back at the end of June. They are giving me an estimation date of September 4-9th. I know that once they do ship it that I will have it the next day as it will ship from Phoenix AZ and I am in Tucson. It just annoys me that they are purposely dragging their feet because I am not a prime member.

rank_0
esp2000
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:47 pm

^^ I don't think they got the inventory they were expecting at first. I ordered mine super early and got mine on Monday. This is the first time I was suppose to get Sunday delivery that it did not happen. I only saw one person on twitter actually receive their Fear on launch day.
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys