Launch Day retailer problems

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Launch Day retailer problems

Postby Cellsai » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:56 pm

I said that exact thing!

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby alecatq2 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:30 pm

Same Target problem in PA. Nothing was out on the floor, but they at least had the price tags out. Took 30 min to get the items from the back. It was nice picking through for the best paint jobs. They had no knowledge of the toybox takeover and tried to tell me it was a digital download card. They looked at my pre-order card 20 times or so. I wasn't as lucky as some of the others, they offered me nothing in recompense. They took my name and number and "will call me when they get it in" even though that may not happen until late fall. *sigh* Good thing I knew about the sales ahead of time as they did not have the sale taggage out. Ran into a Dad buying DI for his son and let him know about the sale. It did not ring up in the front for him (he left the aisle with his items before I did as I stood for another 30 min waiting for them to figure out the toy box takeover debacle). The figures did not ring up for 2 of my 3 sets of two. :-( I hope I get *something* soon, as part of the pre-order was getting it early.

rank_100
alecatq2

Postby piraterose » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:30 pm

I pre-ordered from Target as well and didn't receive Toy Box Takeover. First, I fought with the robot (or person, can never tell) in the live chat and he was willing to offer me gift cards which I kept declining because it never matched the price I would have to pay once the disc is released. I finally got a hold of someone and she said that on her end, it looked like the shipment was partially delivered and I should receive the disc by Friday. So we'll see. Haven't been to any stores yet but was at my local Target on Saturday and could tell that if they were to set up for launch day, it would be a lot of work for them that night.
piraterose
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Tb-1599 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:47 pm

Ordered most of my stuff from Best Buy. (pretty much getting just the SW items, Other than Sam and Quarra) Low and behold I get an email ON LAUNCH DAY.. That my pre-order for Twilight of the Republic set was cancelled. (no BB in my area apparently received their shipment) No other stores (WM,Target,TRU) has them in stock now.. So I was forced to order on Amazon. Wont get it until tomorrow. What actually isn't that bad because I don't plan on playing until Friday evening anyway. (My son doesn't play video games on school nights)

rank_0
Tb-1599
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby MonkeyDLenny » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:52 pm

There seems like there was a lot of problems with Takeover. At Gamestop they were having trouble because Takeover didn't officially come out until the next day and the street date was blocking them from ringing it out with the pre-orders. They got it straightened out though

rank_250
MonkeyDLenny
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Mukluk4 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:28 pm

No problems at my Gamestop in the sticks. They had a nice big box of takeover packs that they pulled from.

rank_100
Mukluk4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby santaar75 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:07 pm

I preordered the Saga bundle and the Inside Out playset and it's individual figures from Amazon. It stated on the Saga Bundle page that Toybox Takeover would be shipped after the Saga Bundle shipped. As soon as I got the email stating the bundle shipped I received another email stating I got a promotional discount. The email was for $19.99 for the Toybox Takeover and had a link to get the free Toybox Takeover ordered and deliverd. So I should have the bundle and Inside Out stuff today and the Takeover tomorrow.

I went to Target yesterday and got all of the other individual figures except for Sam. They were all on the store shelves and they were not coming up at the sale price so they had to work around that but I was able to get 7 figures for $70.

I went to Toys R Us after that and they had some stuff out and they were putting other stuff out. They had Sam so I picked up him and Ezra. They not only price matched the 2 for $20 but she also gave me the BOGO deal they had so I got both for just under $16.

I ended up going to two Walmarts for Kanan. Neither one had anything out. The first Walmart said i would need to come back later in the day. Fortunately a manager at the second one found a box with him and I was able to get him with no issues.

I had no issues at Gamestop or Best Buy getting Zeb and Mulan.

Overall not too bad especially compared to most on here.

rank_0
santaar75
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby DaddyGeek » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:00 pm

Luckily, the Target in my area was at least trying to be helpful with a bad situation. They were well aware of the 2 for $20 problem and notified all their cashiers to correct the price. They were also pretty annoyed at central shipping for not sending any toy box takeovers. It appears not a single Target got any, but our local Target was making good on it with discounting the price of the starter back that was pre-ordered by $20, or giving a gift card. I informed them that Toys R Us had plenty, so they we're trying to convince people to take the discount so they could buy the Takeover elsewhere. They also got a TON of Disgusts instead of Yoda. The guy in electronics was really annoyed by this, being a Star Wars fan.

Toys R Us had a ton of everything on the shelves. Every single character was accounted for and they had rows of Toy Box Takeover for sale. I'm sure they still have lots of them if others here get desperate. If I can be of help, let me know.

My actual pre-order was from Gamestop, whom didn't know about the Takeover being free with pre-order. I gave them my look, to which they rung it up and, surprise surprise, it came up free. There is no way a gaming store doesn't know about pre-orders and releases. :roll:

Anyway, my guess is that all these issues are due to there being such different release dates. More so for Takeover as the street date is messing with most PoS systems.

rank_100_ftb
DaddyGeek
PSN ID:

Postby Redarmy354 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:27 pm

Anyone else in Canada having issues with amazon. Complained to them today cause it hasn't even shipped yet. Customer service said Sept 8 the earliest. Just wondering if It's worth waiting for. Only reason I pre ordered from them is cause Wal mart here won't pre order anymore. Are they actually sending the toy box takeover? If not gonna just cancel and goto Walmart.

rank_0
Redarmy354
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys