Launch Day retailer problems

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Amazon UK delivery FAIL

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:54 pm

Nice tikigamer Glad to hear it, do you need magic band unlock?

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby nathanbanks » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:12 pm

Oh god!

I ordered mine from Amazon UK! I had a massive fall out with them yesterday about it. Because they offer the pre-order bonus for the ToyBox Take over, I added both this and the Deluxe Star Wars edition to my order, but for some reason, the system told me BOTH items were being dispatched in October when the ToyBox take over was released. So I told them about it and they changed my order so that I'd receive them ON the day of release in October. So I had to get back in touch and then they assured me I'd receive the game when it was released, but ToyBox Take over in October. To this week just gone, nothing was dispatched. I got in touch again and they sent me an email saying they didn't have either in stock and that I would have to wait as it's 'first come, first served'. So they lied to me...twice! Firstly, I checked, they had the actual game (deluxe star wars edition) IN stock and it was available for a SATURDAY deliver. Secondly, I pre-ordered mine in July... so first come, first served is utter wibble! I decided to go on the live chat and get this, apparently unless I remove the ToyBox take over (keep in mind, it was friday and the game was released by this point) from my order, I'd only receive the Deluxe game when Toybox take over was released. So they were offering the free pre-order, but wanted me to remove it...therefore, it wouldn't be free? I kicked off with them big time and said it was a disgrace as I'd paid for express delivery too. They removed my ToyBox take over and with some persuasion, they allowed me to re-order it and removed all costs and charges for it. So I'll get it for free in October. What's more, they gave me a discount voucher. So I got Yoda, Obi-Wan, Sadness and Disgust for £20 :D Happy days haha! But still, I nearly cried when the game didn't come yesterday :(

rank_250
nathanbanks
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby TikiGamer » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:33 am

@Elmo STM - no thanks - I have a magic band :)

@nathanbanks yes -it appears they just make stuff up. I was most ticked off Friday because what the CS person told me in chat, whereas in the end what he said wasn't what happened.

rank_50
TikiGamer
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Cellsai » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:51 am

It's actually been pretty shocking how the customer service has been pretty shaky when dealing with Amazon.co.uk over all of this. I had similarly unhelpful or contradictory responses in some cases.

I used to work on .co.uk's Customer Service team handling phone calls and I know that we really bent over backwards to help in these situations. Particularly with preorders there's a mandatory reading bulletin sent out to every single employee so they know how to deal with special offers and postage issues.
For there to be so much confusion and errors with these orders, there must be something seriously wrong with how DI3.0 is being handled in the warehouses and on the Amazon system.

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Target Pre-Order FAIL

Postby Cmdr Xym » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:17 pm

I pre-ordered the game weeks ago with a reservation card. Went in this morning, got my starter, all my figs...but they did not have any Toy Box Takeovers in the store. The manager knew nothing about it (the 2 for $20.00 figs was also not set up correctly in their system). They compensated me for not having the item, but I'll be contacting Target guest services about the situation. Did anyone else have a problem with Target?

rank_50
Cmdr Xym
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Re: Target Pre-Order FAIL

Postby Chewbacca » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:30 pm

I got my pre-order from Target and they didn't have any Toy Box Takeover's so they gave me an Inside Out Playset instead so that worked out good.
Chewie is best character

rank_1250
Chewbacca
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Launch total fail

Postby Vance2 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:37 pm

what a huge disappointment. Went to three stores, none of which had every non exclusive figure and none of the sales were ringing up at target, Walmart had next to nothing and no one knew anything about the preorder promo.

rank_0
Vance2
Main Console: Wii U

Re: Target Pre-Order FAIL

Postby Prof Ludwig » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:38 pm

Same here, pretty mad. They offered me a ten dollar gift card and nothing else - I just get the takeover whenever they get it. I'm pretty annoyed right now - did anywhere else not get them or is it just Target? Who do I get to bother about this?

And actually, what is the Toy Box Takeover even supposed to look like? Is it a big piece, or a raised disc like the Brave game? Did it come in a box or a blister pack?

rank_0
Prof Ludwig
Main Console: Xbox 360

Re: Launch total fail

Postby Mickey&Maleficent » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:46 pm

The Rise Against The Empire play set isn't out until September 29.
3 Featured Toy Boxes:
Phineas' Blueprint Adventure
Mind Adventure

rank_1250_ftb
Mickey&Maleficent
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys