Exclusive King Mickey Debate

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Exclusive King Mickey Debate

Postby da-nothing » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:09 am

Now, that was an educated and non rude answer, thanks Synth-Night! That makes a lot of sense, actually. Sadly that also means no King Mickey disc for me, but oh well, I guess I'll wait a couple months to see if the price goes lower after the giveaway.

rank_100
da-nothing
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Synth-Night » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:34 am

Ha! I apologize for any frustrations (direct or indirect) my initial explanation has caused. In hindsight, my original post did not clearly explain the issue at all. Again, I am sorry for any troubles this has caused.

rank_0
Synth-Night
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Cellsai » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:54 am

The above "Only US residents can win" is one of the reasons there's no prizes for Toy Box challenges. I seem to recall someone saying, "Hey, what if we gave prizes?" on ToyBox TV once and Allison or someone immediately jumped in with "Nope. Then it'd be US only."

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:05 am

You can see there is a lot of legal issues that the Disney Interactive team has to deal with behind the scenes. I can only imagine the type of conversations going on to get everything approved.
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt
Main Console: PS4

Postby JustNCredible » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:15 am

That really makes you appreciate the Toy Box Summit, which features artists from all over the world. It's not a contest, but still a legal circus if I had to imagine.

When is this Video contest due?
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Gillbob316 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:35 pm

So my King Mickey Disc(s) arrived yesterday. No complaints. I love the little guy and plan to use him a lot in Flynn's Arcade just to be a showoff.

Per my previous post, I ended up paying ~$20 for it. I bought a lot of 2 Mickeys + 2 Discs for $175, flipped the extra Mickey and Disc Combo in less than 24 hours for $140. Meaning all told I came out of this for $35 spent. Minus $15 for the value of the Mickey figure. Bam. King Mickey Disc in my collection forever for only 20 bucks. Still too much for one Power Disc if you ask me, but way better than average going rate.

^ Let that be a lesson to anyone out there who wants one but doesn't want to pay. You can complain, or you can think creatively and do a little legwork to come up with a solution. I TOTALLY understand why people are upset about this, I've been a geek and a collector for years. I've been on both the "I got one!" and the "I'm never going to get one!" side of many exclusives in my life. I feel your pain. But complaining will get you nowhere. Exclusives happen, in this and every other collectible franchise. This isn't the first, it won't be the last. And once they happen, there isn't a thing you can do about it... no amount of complaining will make it less exclusive.

The developers have already gone on record as saying they won't sell the disc in stores, and if they go back on that now they risk enraging several 1000 collector's who've ALREADY paid over $100 for it. So they're just going to let this one lie, and take cues from people's reaction for whatever they do as the NEXT exclusive.

ANYWAY...

I did notice (and it may have been brought up already, but 40+ pages is a lot to sift through)... the disc DOES get added to your in-game Disney Infinity Collection (the one you open from the main menu screen), which I wasn't sure about before now. People had mentioned that it wouldn't be in the hall of heroes, or count toward 100% completion, but I was never clear on if it would appear in my collection. Low and behold, it does.

Makes me curious to take a deep dark look in every corner of the hall of heroes. I know the SAID it wouldn't appear... but it wouldn't be the first time a developer misspoke. If it shows up in the collection, as if by magic, I feel there stands a reasonable chance it could show up in there, in some unmarked spot. (Then again, maybe not.)

rank_0
Gillbob316
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Romulus77 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:59 pm

JV announced today on Twitter that the Mickey disc will be removed from the Collection screen in the next patch and that it was never supposed to be there in the first place.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby Spider-Tron » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:54 pm

I just got my King Mickey power disc in the mail! It's looks so awesome, and I can't wait to try him out!! :mrgreen:
Well, I hope I'm there... catching some of the light coming off ya that day

rank_0
Spider-Tron
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:26 pm

Nice Romulus I said they would do that, it would be cool for it to show up for those who do have the disc though

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys