Exclusive King Mickey Debate

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Exclusive King Mickey Debate

Postby Synth-Night » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:10 am

It's because it's a company thing. Can't remember the exact law, but promotions and contest in the States are restricted to the US and some parts of Canada.

rank_0
Synth-Night
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Elmo STM » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:34 am

I wonder if I did a video would some awesome USA member be able to ship to their address and post to UK at my expense of course if I won?

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby da-nothing » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:45 am

I'm thinking about that too, but I guess if they found out you were doing that they'd disqualify you for cheating... Not sure about that, though.

When they gave it away at D23 at first I was kinda excited cause I didn't think it would be up for such a high price at ebay (and to top it off the dollar just keeps rising, at the beginning of the year it was around 16 pesos, these last few days it is around 20, it's insane), then I was pretty mad cause I may never get one as I don't have a lot of money to spend in just that disc... Now I'm just sad and disappointed cause this pretty much confirms I'll never get one.

I'm not even a completionist, I never have enough money to get everything. I'm still missing characters from the first one and there are lots of discs I don't have. I am a Kingdom Hearts fan, though. I have every single game released. And the KH content in this game finally comes in this edition as an exclusive disc pretty much nobody outside the US will get unless they buy it at a really high price, and as an "ultimate unlock" for which we don't even get details on how to get...

rank_100
da-nothing
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby 80sDuckFan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:44 am

Random thought: What if unlocking the keyblade with all of the figures also unlocks the King Mickey costume? By that, I mean that whenever Mickey uses the Keyblade, his costume automatically transforms and works only when he's using the keyblade. The D23 exclusive power disc is just a way for people to play as King Mickey without the Kleyblade.

Could this be the reason why JV has been urging people not to purchase those power discs on ebay?

rank_250
80sDuckFan
Main Console: PS4

Postby Stitch » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:03 am

I have an amazing idea for this video contest that I will post as soon as it is made. Guess this means I will have an "official" face reveal on the forums lol :)

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby Calysto » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:07 am

@80sDuckFan The keyblade that is the ultimate unlock is not the Mickey's Keyblade, it's Sora's Keyblade. They are just a tiny wee bit different.

They really know and like to consistently ignore half of their fans, they sure do.

rank_250
Calysto
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby Sherrif Ben » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:43 am

I think that maybe DI team is making some wat to create the powerdisc for everybody but than with a smalle different in it.
Hi Ho Silver Away

rank_750
Sherrif Ben

Postby Gillbob316 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:59 pm

So here's my convoluted plan for getting myself a King Mickey disc on the cheap...

(I've wanted to talk about this for days, but none of my friends/family play the game, and thus would not understand/care... they'd just think me nuts for spending so much on 2 inches of plastic, lol...)

So anyway...

I noticed the other day there was an auction on ebay for a pair of King Mickey Discs and Mickey figures (IE. 2 Each) ending soon... I thought, "Hmm... if I can score this auction cheap enough, I could keep one set and flip the other to recoup the cost" and did just that. ended up winning the auction for about $175 shipped, making each pair $87.50.

Shave off $15 for the Mickey Figures, and that's 72.50 per disc. Which is already a pretty good price, considering ~$100 is about average low price for most auctions at present.

Now, the lowest buy-it-nows for the disc/mickey combo are currently about $120, and with typical ebay fluxuation the combo is still selling regularly anywhere from about $100 to $150 (and including the Mickey figure seems to give things a pretty consistent little bump in sales appeal)... one fluke pair even sold today for $200 (but I don't expect to get that). SO... I'm -hoping- I can flip the pair I don't need for Approx $120-$130... I've been buying/selling on ebay for years, so I think I'm experienced enough to get that amount if I play my cards right. BUT... even if I get bottom dollar at like $100... I'm only net paying between $45 and $75 for the pair I'm keeping.

Minus the $15 value of the Mickey Figure I'm keeping (which is no issue, since I don't have him) I'm getting a King Mickey Disc for between approx. $30 and $60. Which while still a lot for a piece of 2" plastic, is a damn sight better than most people are paying.

And I'm just happy about it, and have wanted to get it off my chest for days, but have had no one to tell who would listen, lol... so if you read this post, thanks for indulging me.

And if you're thinking, "That's actually not a bad idea... I should do that" well... keep an eye out for lots of more than one. On ebay, as in real life, you can often get a better price buying bundles/bulk than just buying a single item outright, if you're willing to do a little extra work and flip the excess.

rank_0
Gillbob316
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby da-nothing » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:34 pm

Well.. I've tweeted the official DI account and JV about my situation and I have yet to receive an answer, which is weird considering JV answers questions every single day...

Maybe they'll just ignore me cause they don't want to acknowledge more problems in this situation? ... Sigh...

rank_100
da-nothing
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys