Exclusive King Mickey Debate

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Exclusive King Mickey Debate

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:35 pm

It's just like anything. You wait it could go up. You wait it could go down. I definitely wasn't bragging. I'm one of the crazies that'll pay that kinda money for 1 disk.
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt
Main Console: PS4

Postby Mozenrath1 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:58 pm

Congrats imgonnawreckit on getting your.too. Now we just have 4 days to play with them. 4 days!!
"Why am I not surprised" - Iago from Alladdin

rank_250
Mozenrath1
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Spider-Tron » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:05 pm

@ImGonnaWreckIt It was my day off yesterday, and I was stressed out the whole time just constantly refreshing the page. :? It's the first time I've ever bid on anything!

@Mozenrath1 I CAN'T WAIT!!! :shock:
Well, I hope I'm there... catching some of the light coming off ya that day

rank_0
Spider-Tron
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mozenrath1 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:08 pm

Spider-Tron I know that feeling all too well. Your heart is pumping out of your chest and your leaning into the computer screen and your watching the timer click down hoping nobody else outbids you.
But the thing I don't understand there were lots of auctions with starting bids at .99 or 1.00 that would go for 2 or 3 days so I was like wow I'm gonna watch these maybe I can get Mickey for 10.00. Only to go back a few hour! And they be at 30.00 or 50.00! Why? Why would you bid so high and you still have 3 days to go? Why not watch it and at the third day minutes before it ends then start bidding on it and get it cheap.
"Why am I not surprised" - Iago from Alladdin

rank_250
Mozenrath1
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Trexroarr » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:15 pm

Hate to say it, but I got mine for $150. Then again, I did buy it soon after the expo. I was afraid that it might go up in price, but I guess I was wrong. Well at least I got the Mickey figure (and other freebies from the Disney Interactive presentation) with it as well.
Collection
68/101 Figures + 13/20 Play Sets + 151/169 Discs = 232/290 Total

rank_250
Trexroarr
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Spider-Tron » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:38 pm

@Mozenrath You described my experience exactly! :? The first time I lost the bid, the power disc started at $40.00. It stayed like that for three days...that is until some guy kept bidding $5 at a time, driving up the price until it reached $60.00! Eventually he bid $76.00 at the two second mark, and I lost out. Jokes on him though! Two hours later I won the bid for the King Mickey power disc, but this one came with a Mickey figure too, and it cost not much more than the one I lost! :D

@Trexroarr Don't feel ashamed! :mrgreen: I was fully prepared to do the exact same thing. There are some people who are still selling it for straight $150.00.
Well, I hope I'm there... catching some of the light coming off ya that day

rank_0
Spider-Tron
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:13 pm

Some people set up the automatic bods just in case they aren't near a computer when the auction ends. Someone else places a bid, their account auto bids until it reaches their maximum. So, the winning bidder could have put in the first bid then walked away never to worry about it again...

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Exclusive King Mickey Debate

Postby wherestron » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:44 am

Actually @pjhann that's how eBay works. You put in a maximum bid and it will only outbid your best competitor until it reaches your maximum.
Cheers,
wherestron
---
Add me on PSN, XBL, iOS and Twitter: @wherestron

rank_250
wherestron
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:11 pm

^ I know...I have bought many things on eBay but you don't HAVE to use the auto bidding. Some people, myself included, don't use auto bidding. I have used it a couple times but I prefer a hands on approach to bidding.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys