What do you want in a Marvel playset?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: What do you want in a Marvel playset?

Postby Angelos-Giorgos » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:31 pm

^^infinityguru I suppose it is going to be like that but I really hope it won't...

I find it too expensive to give $35 to buy something which will just have a background, a floor and the only purpose of it is to fight the other player again and again and again and again. I would prefer a more "open world" play set. I'm sure this will have to do with enemies but I don't mind.

However, even though I didn't like the idea that the Inside Out playset would be based on platforming I was surprised to find out I actually loved the way they made it! So, I may be surprised again when we find out what will happen with that playset!

rank_100
Angelos-Giorgos
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Hopeless » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:48 pm

A Sinister 6 Sequel revealing Hydra behind their reappearance revealing Thanos trying to secure the Infinity Stones from Ultron with Veronica used after the Hulks are sent on a rampage by the mind stone?

Something that genuinely involves the existing figures and not based on Civil War, which should be next year after all!

So its definitely Age of Ultron as I doubt they realised their mistake from last year... well crossover coins for all Marvel figures I hope!

rank_250
Hopeless
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby LittleBabyBlue » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:08 am

Don't know much about marvel. Only read Spiderman, Hulk and Punisher when I was a kid, so letting the true believers make character and settings requests. Just want versetility and not a rehash of the 2.0 ones. Feeling slightly optimistic about the playsets this year.

rank_100
LittleBabyBlue
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby GermanBoldItalic » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:57 pm

I'm hoping the playset will be in the vein of Marvel Ultimate Alliance or X Men Legends, I loved those games and the 4 player local co-op gives me hope!

rank_250
GermanBoldItalic
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby TheMinion9 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:11 pm

I think it'll be a tie-in/adpatation of the "Secret Wars" going on in the comic right now in the vain of Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Well, that's my hope anyway. :)
Yellowjacket for MARVEL BATTLEGROUNDS!!

rank_500
TheMinion9
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby FlameChampion267 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:28 pm

Don't know much about Marvel plotlines, but I bet the Battlegrounds playset will be like the Xmen Arcade game.

rank_100_ftb
FlameChampion267
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Cellsai » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:26 am

JV was questioned about the style of Battlegrounds on Twitter after the D23 trailer went up.

He said they haven't shown any trailers for Battleground - they've just shown Hulkbuster and Ultron fighting.

It's a vague statement, but I would read it as "just because we showed them fighting 1on1 in a 2D style does not mean that Battlegrounds will actually be like that", so don't take the brief snippets as proof of game design!

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby Hopeless » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:49 pm

A Play Set... oh right what do I want in it?!

Thanos sounds simple enough, right?

rank_250
Hopeless
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby GuyCC75 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:47 pm

I hope it's original, and I hope that it's more than just a fighter.

I REALLY don't get why Marvel is so standoffish. I've seen minimal new content in 3.0 based around Marvel, save for a few townspeople.

rank_250
GuyCC75
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys