What do you want in a Marvel playset?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

What do you want in a Marvel playset?

Postby xboxfanuk » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:29 am

Honestly I never read the comics or was really into any Superheroes until the Marvel Cinematic Universe came along. Now I eagerly await the next MCU instalment be it in Cinema or TV.

2.0 left me really disappointed in terms of playsets. Avengers was barely a complete game and I played about half of Guardians which ran very poorly on Xbox One. Frame drops and generally slowness.

I know that 8 months isn't a long time to make a playset and I can already tell this year they had loads more time. So I wonder what sorts of things will they do?

I don't imagine we will get Marvel's New York again. I am hoping for a S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier to explore and perhaps an alien planet. Maybe attacking Dr. Doom's sovereign nation or something like that. I sincerely hope they don't just do Ultron movie with Ant-Man in it.
John - Gamertag: xboxfanuk

Friend me for some multiplayer fun.

rank_50
xboxfanuk
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: What do you want in a Marvel playset?

Postby JustNCredible » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:45 am

I want a playset similar to the 1.0 versions, and I'm not worried because Avalanche realizes this is what was missing from 2.0 and has taken big steps to bring us back the magic that went missing. So basically this means a lot more missions that won't just be "fight x enemies" over and over again, and hopefully there will be more toy elements to it this time around, which going off of the star wars playsets we've seen so far, I'd say we're pretty safe.

In terms of story, my money is on Civil War. It makes perfect sense now that we can use every Marvel character in the playset. And as much as I would LOVE anything Doctor Doom related, we probably won't get any of the characters Marvel doesn't own the cinematic rights to until they run out of their own popular characters, they just have more to gain by using their more relevant characters. Having said that, I still think they would make a killing off of certain X-Men and Fantastic 4 characters right now. Deadpool as well, but they definitely won't promote the merc with the mouth for obvious reasons lol.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Pcboy99 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:37 am

I hope this new marvel play set makes up for the other ones

rank_100
Pcboy99
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Rapunzel70 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:43 am

I dream of a better story and more versatile gameplay... and Loki ;)
"Best Day Ever!!!"

rank_250
Rapunzel70
PSN ID:

Postby Infinity Guru » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:58 pm

think a type of 'Super Smash Bro.' playset would be awesome! It's confirmed that the Marvel playset is 'different from the usually play set' (like Inside Out being a puzzler with separate levels). The only type of player vs. player combat games we have are created in toy boxes (FIGHT FIGHTERS by the Mentors). Having an officail game where you can pick characters to fight with and the world you want them to fight in (think of all the different stages!) would be something neat that would appeal to me. A Hulk vs. Hulkbuster showdown?? YES PLEASE! I'd also assume this would allow single players to battle against a computer (or online?) opponent.
8 Featured Toy Boxes. Toy Box Summit 2015 Attendee.

rank_250_ftb
Infinity Guru
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby tabaer » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:45 pm

Infinity Guru, I had thought of the possibility of a fighting game too. But I'm not sure that is what I would want. The characters for 2.0 were all based off their cartoon counterparts from the Disney XD shows, except for the Guardians who were based off their movie incarnations (and who didn't have a show at that time). There are a ton of characters who have appeared in those shows that could be brought into DI including Deadpool and Dr. Doom. The only show they haven't done a play set for is Hulk and the Agents of SMASH, which I doubt we'll see this time around since all Marvel figures will be playable in it, and that seems too big for HatAoS. Although, (SPOILER) this year's last two episodes had the Hulks, the Avengers, Spider-Man, the Guardians, Ghost Rider, the Howling Commandos, Deathlok, and others all teaming up against the Kree.

Sorry I'm straying off topic. What I would love to see, but will probably not, is a play set based on Secret Wars, where you could bring in a bunch of new characters to promote recent and upcoming films (Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Civil War), but wouldn't be limited to just figures from those films. As much as I want Vision and Black Panther, I would really like Leader, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, and the Howling Commandos figures.

rank_100_ftb
tabaer
Disney ID:

Postby GuyCC75 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:12 pm

I do hope we get a "Secret Wars" style playset. Real galactic end of the world type stuff with big bosses.

A full on multi character old-school brawler would be awesome.

rank_250
GuyCC75
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Mickey&Maleficent » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:43 pm

A good story and gameplay longer than 3-4 hours.
3 Featured Toy Boxes:
Phineas' Blueprint Adventure
Mind Adventure

rank_1250_ftb
Mickey&Maleficent
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby sarvinator » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:52 pm

I would love a game similar to the old Marvel: Ultimate Alliance games. Might be a little similar to the Toy Box Takeover, but they could really get into a cool Marvel story in the playset. I miss those games.

rank_50
sarvinator
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys