3.0 Retailer Exclusives

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

3.0 Retailer Exclusives

Postby ToddMc » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:45 am

As the launch date draws closer, I find my self wondering and second guessing whether I should pre-order the retailer exclusive figures. Half of me thinks that these figures should be available in significant quantities at each retailer. The other half doesn't want to take a chance and get Amiibo-ed by not pre-ordering. My reluctance in pre-ordering is not knowing what sale deals I could mess up because I've already pre-ordered and purchased the exclusive figure. Has anyone heard any news or have any insight whether the retailer exclusives will show up in limited quantities, or will be fairly plentiful at launch?

rank_0
ToddMc
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Re: 3.0 Retailer Exclusives

Postby JustNCredible » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:38 am

A list would be nice. In fact, a sticky thread detailing the release dates of all characters/packs/playsets, exclusive or no would be appreciated. I'm confused about which characters are available at launch and which aren't, and I know some will be available at some stores and some won't, so I would love to see a definitive list somewhere. If there is one can someone point me in the right direction?
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby GermanBoldItalic » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:18 am

JV has expressed his distaste for the amiibo situation so I believe that any shortage caused will be due to fan popularity, more than Disney Infinity's apathy toward the situation. However, that doesn't mean we won't have another Syndrome situation on our hands, who I personally paid too much money for.

rank_250
GermanBoldItalic
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby dcp3y » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:15 pm

I preordered them all despite being fairly confident all will be readily available later - now if I can only remember which are in store pickups versus being mailed, I'll be all set. Here are the "exclusives" that I am aware of that are exclusive to certain retailers for some limited, yet unknown length of time:

Best Buy - Mulan
Amazon - Fear
Toys R Us - Ezra
Target - Sabine
GameStop - Zeb
Walmart - Kanan

You may also count the Saga Edition starter pack for PS3/4 that includes Boba Fett (slated for December or later) as well as the Luke/Leia + original trilogy playset a month earlier than planned for retail.

In the past, such retailer exclusives ran about a month long (Hulk & Woody come to mind although I think there were others). The only exceptions I recall are the 1.0 crystal characters stayed TRU exclusives plus there were 6 or so 1.0 power discs that only TRU had out of their 10 special "golden" power disc packs. In 2.0, everyone had crystal Mickey. I think GameStop was the only retailer of 2.0 Vita starter pack (w/ Black Spidey).

rank_100
dcp3y

Postby Mukluk4 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:11 pm

Unless they have drastically changed their figure output from 2.0, there should be a glut of figures everywhere.

rank_100
Mukluk4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:20 pm

Rapunzel was Wal*Mart exclusive for a month and a lot of their stores didn't get any. The stores that did get them only got around 2-3. When crystal Lightning McQueen was released on launch day 2013 there was a lot but once sold out it was well over a month maybe even two before they started getting stock back in. I would expect this being the 3rd launch and given how big Star Wars is there will be plenty of stock. I would still recommend getting to any stores for any exclusives you want on launch day.
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt

Postby candyle73 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:39 pm

I really feel the price per figure is too much for this game so I almost always try to wait for a sale. Heck, I JUST recently finished my 2.0 figure collection during the BOGO free sale at gamestop. The big question is whether these "exclusives" are permanent exclusives like amiibo, or just timed like the 1.0 days. As others have said, JV has outright scolded Nintendo for their distribution of amiibo (a situation I know all too well). So I really can't see them keeping these as permanent exclusives. I mean making JUST FEAR an exclusive is cold (and a little ironic). But who knows. Maybe Activision saw that amiibo money and wants a piece of the pie.

Either way, if Darkwing Duck is released ANYWHERE (even a D23 exclusive) I WILL HAVE HIM.
Come on Disney, I know you want to announce Darkwing Duck next...

rank_250
candyle73
PSN ID:

Postby Sherrif Ben » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:31 pm

Does someone knows what the exclusive item is in the Netherlands and by which retailer?
Hi Ho Silver Away

rank_750
Sherrif Ben

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:05 pm

@candyle73 When the launch gets closer, retailers will have sales. This is a post I put together almost 2 years ago when DI 1.0 launched

Infinity starter pack - Toys R Us 20% coupon w/free figure and free power disc pack $60 (pick the crystal McQueen)
Cars play set - Target (price matched at Toys r Us or Walmart) $17.49
Lone Ranger Play Set - Target (price matched at Toys R Us or Walmart) $17.49
Villains Pack - Wal-mart (price matched at Toys R Us or Target) $14.96
Sidekick Pack - Wal-mart (price matched at Toys R Us or Target) $14.96
BOGO 50% off Toys R Us - Dash, Violet, Mater, Francesco $41.97

That's $166.87 before tax for every single character. If you are asking about the Power Packs Toys r us BOGO for a $1 is the way to go. Hope this helps!

The Villian, Sidekick, & play sets were all 50% off. Sometimes launch day sales are better then black Friday sales. I have a thread that I will update with the best prices for launch day.
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys