Where does DI go from here?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Where does DI go from here?

Postby grizzleghost » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:11 pm

I am sure someone has already mentioned this but there are 16 Disney movies coming out in the next 18 months including three more Marvel movies and two more Star Wars movies. There will be no shortage of new content and co-branding for Disney Infinity to exploit. If you want to know what figures and playsets that will be included in 4.0, you can probably guess 80-90% of them just by looking at the line up of movies coming down the pipe. I am sure there will be a few other crowd pleasing surprise additions from the vault too. Also, we will also start to get more 2nd versions of already released figures - for example we already have two Captain Americas, two versions of Iron Man, two Anakin Skywalkers (if you include Darth Vader), two Mickeys - and I am not just talking about repaints (spiderman). I expect there to be a sweet new "Jedi in Training" Rey with a FX lightsaber coming with Episode VIII and some other cool new restyled characters.

Here are my predictions
•The Finest Hours – Jan. 29, 2016
•Zootopia – March 4, 2016 - Toy Box figures for 3.0 (known)
•The Jungle Book – April 15, 2016 - Maybe a couple Toy Box figures
•Captain America: Civil War – May 6, 2016 - Marvel Battleground tie in (3.0).
•Alice: Through the Looking Glass – May 27, 2016 - Maybe a Alice Playset
•Finding Dory – June 17, 2016 - Dory/Nemo playselt coming with "underwater" action.
•The BFG – July 1, 2016
•Pete’s Dragon – Aug. 12, 2016 - maybe a couple toybox characters
•Doctor Strange – Nov. 4, 2016 - toybox characters playable in a marvel 4.0 playset
•Moana – Nov. 23, 2016 possible playset
•Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One – Dec. 16, 2016 Star Wars Playset in 4.0
•Beauty and the Beast – March 17, 2017 Toybox Characters
•Ghost in the Shell – April 14, 2017
•Guardians of the Galaxy 2 – May 5, 2017 toybox characters playable in a marvel 4.0 playset
•Star Wars: Episode VIII – May 26, 2017 2nd Star Wars Playset with new Rey, Luke, Kylo Ren, and other new baddies.
•Toy Story 4 – June 16, 2017 CAN YOU SAY NEW PLAYSET?!?!? This might even be time for 5.0
•Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales – July 17, 2017 New Pirates playset for 5.0 or at least a couple new toybox characters.

rank_50
grizzleghost

Postby Cats and Spiders » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:53 am

Just wanna point out that all original Kingdom Hearts characters- meaning Sora and his friends, Nobodies, Heartless, etc- belong solely to Disney, so theoretically they can do whatever they want with it :)

As for where I think Infinity will go in the future, I think they're done with the themed releases and they're gonna have a more even mix with 4.0. And that's assuming there even will be a 4.0, they might just update 3.0 or something.

rank_0
Cats and Spiders

Postby TheANvil » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:41 pm

Indiana Jones or Muppets makes the most sense to me. Indy couldn't really be as big as Star Wars or Marvel's influence though, there really is only 10 characters at an absolute push that you could include to be honest, even that could be stretching it.

Maybe we'll just see a focus on animal characters.

rank_250
TheANvil
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:

Postby JustNCredible » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:24 pm

I think if they were going to do any more themes down the road, a "classic" theme would be the only viable option. Like you said, Indiana Jones as an individual is cool, but most of the other characters involved are forgettable; most of them don't last longer than a single film lol.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Hanzo » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:34 am

I hope whatever they do they focus more on streamlining compatibility. It's 2016, I shouldn't have to miss out on 1.0 content because I have an Xbox One or have to swap discs if I want to play my Avengers playset when I have 3.0.
"You shouldn't take life so seriously...you'll never get out alive"

rank_0
Hanzo
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Tilarta » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:12 pm

As far as I know, you only miss out on the playsets in the more advanced versions, you get the unlocks as freebies.

Which I actually prefer, as some of the things necessary to get unlocks in the prior version were beyond my skills to achieve.

Heck, that applies in the latest version too, given my complete lack of skill in any racing game, there are several unlocks in the Speedway game that will be forever out of my reach.
I expect I'll have to wait until the next Disney Infinity game (if they make 4.0) to get them without playing the Speedway.

rank_250
Tilarta
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby 80sDuckFan » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:06 pm

Tilarta, I feel your pain. I've resigned to the fact that there are some unlocks from the Inside Out play set that I will never get.

rank_250
80sDuckFan

Postby Tilarta » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:50 pm

I gave up on the Inside Out playset about a third of the way through.

One of the things on my list of stuff I disapprove of in games is timers.

And every level of Inside Out was like that, if you don't complete the level in X time, you miss out on whatever the prize was.
There was one level I did my absolute very best on, it looked like I was going to meet the target, then it took 10 seconds to exit the level, which pushed me over the limit! :(
That was when I stopped playing it.

So the Inside Out unlocks are out of reach too, for those, I'll have to wait for the next version to acquire them.

rank_250
Tilarta
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Vidia » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:57 pm

^ Were you trying to collect all the balloons and pages at the same time? Because you don't have to do them all in one go. You can go through once slowly getting everything, then go through again just to beat the timer.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys