JV confirms more Disney originals to come

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: JV confirms more Disney originals to come

Postby Infinityfan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:17 am

We already knew this from Family Gamer TVs video!

@BenFleischman Peter Pan isn't a renaissance character, he's from the earlier period than that.

Hoping for quite a lot more Disney Originals, I would also count Muppets as Disney Originals. At D23 2013 they announced 9 Disney Originals as the last 1.0 characters, hopefully we can get 5 - 10 more announced there! :D

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby jayhawk4 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:57 pm

This is great news. I'm more excited for the Star Wars stuff than I was initially, but I originally got into 1.0 because it's Disney not Marvel or Star Wars, even if they are all at least cousins now. I'd consider Muppets to be "Disney Originals" even if Jim Henson might not mostly because they've been in the parks for so long now (at least DCA and Studious anyway). With their new show starting this fall they might make some sense. Also, Zooptopua seems realistic as the trailer that plays before Inside Out specifically states the animals in Zooptopia walk on two legs. I have high hopes for Good Dinosaur. Too bad he isn't a tyrannosaur (or some giant two legged lizard).

rank_50
jayhawk4
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Sherrif Ben » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:18 pm

Any link of a twitter or something were we all can see that what you said is correct?
But if it's true, i'll be wondering which figures they will reveal.
Hi Ho Silver Away

rank_750
Sherrif Ben
Main Console: PS4

Postby Dedede_Man » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:21 pm

So, is there any time before D23 that we could expect these Disney Originals to be revealed?
I'm so hyped.
I just know that we'll get Cory Baxter in this one.... definitely.... ah, let a guy hope.
Disney Infinity needs the glory of Cory.
I love collecting stuff.

rank_250
Dedede_Man
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Steam:

Postby rogpalmeruk » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:24 pm

I thought that initial disney range wasn't big enough compared to the problems of last year, with good dinosaur and Zootopia out during 3.0, those are my guesses rather than more classics

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby dcp3y » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:48 pm

I was in GameStop earlier today and their TV was showing exclusive clips from E3 - one featured JV clearly stating that "we have announced 5 playsets and there are still more to come." He went on to rattle off the 3 SW, 1 Inside Out, and 1 Marvel. Very intriguing and likely tied to Disney Originals somehow!

rank_100
dcp3y

Postby Infinityfan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:27 pm

I'm not expecting the Good Dinosaur until 4.0 when they've mastered 4 legged characters. Maybe Zootopia characters as a late release, around Feb\Mar. I am not really expecting anymore play sets other than the ones announced, I think JV meant as in they haven't fully announced why the playset is for Marvel. I would be solo happy to get another playset especially if it's Disney but I don't see it happening unfortunately.

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Popularvote » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:47 pm

I imagine Wave 2 would probably accomadate that Disney playset John V teased, along with the long-awaited Gravity Falls figures.

I'd LOVE a GF playset, but that doesn't seem very likely.

rank_250
Popularvote
Main Console: PS3

Postby BenFleischman » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:32 pm

@Popularvote He never teased a Disney playset, or any playset for that matter... We've already seen the TB Hub base and it has a spot for each of the five playsets and two toy box expansion games. I highly doubt 3.0 will have another playset unless they decide to start DLC. In that case, I'd guess they're doing one for Zootopia, considering it's release is a bit past Infinity's typical release timeframe.

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys