JV confirms more Disney originals to come

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: JV confirms more Disney originals to come

Postby Calysto » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:15 am

He also said that they would never do digital exclusive content again. So, no dlc either. I believe it was in the interview with Abraham.

rank_250
Calysto
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:23 am

They should all be announced before release otherwise someone will leak them from the disc files. (Unless they learn from and rename them in code). But I don't think there will be any force awakens info until November at the earliest

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby shades_smiley » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:13 am

Just pointing out, @Calysto, DLC and digital exclusive are very different. They said they wouldn't do digital exclusives again, but that doesn't preclude DLC.

You can do a DLC that is triggered by placing a figure or play piece on the base. However, if (when?) they do that, they will need to be VERY clear in advertising and packaging that certain playsets or figures will require internet access.

I think, since Lego Dimensions is going that route, we may see some of this in 4.0.

rank_100
shades_smiley
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Casttwister » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:15 am

one Disney big icon it is "Goofy" it's a the target, it's a must... someone agree?

rank_0
Casttwister
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Hopeless » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:08 am

Agree about Goofy suspect he'll be released either next year with Disney Infinity 4.0 or the year after if they decide to go Daisy or Pluto (four legged so less likely at the present).

Just picked up the Captain Marvel Team up power disc so feeling more hopeful about things! :mrgreen:

rank_250
Hopeless

Postby Calysto » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:51 am

@shades_smiley I know they are different but one requires the other. They have been very careful about requiring internet access to play their game because how they target young players and families.

But, just for the sake of an argument, would they advertise this without ending with the same problem as last year? Or are you referring to DLC as just title updates to the game?

For me there is also another problem related to this, and that I talked about during the Trongate, such a thing could turn the game into a microtransaction fest.

rank_250
Calysto
XBL ID:

Postby Steamboat Silly » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:09 am

I would LOVE to see the Muppets. My son and I love them, and it would add a lot of fun to our game.

Also, I would love (I know not likely) to see some Kingdom Hearts figures. The keyblade would make a most excellent power disc.
Support Brain Cancer Research
#Greymatters

rank_250
Steamboat Silly
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Vidia » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:51 am

@Calysto:

Disney Infinity IS a microtransaction fest. Sure it's not all in-game payments like in some games, but you have to pay separately for pretty much everything.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia

Postby bloxxerman » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:09 pm

So, I have a question. I agree that the Muppets would be considered Disney, but what category would Indiana Jones fall into if/when they release him?
Never trust a hug. It's just a way to hide your face.

Lotso
bloxxerman
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys