gameplay Star Wars Rise Against the Empire Disney Infinity

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: gameplay Star Wars Rise Against the Empire Disney Infini

Postby spidermanfan99 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:34 pm

Guys! on the 5th video if you go to 0:30 the imperial ships that drop off the AT-AT's are from Star Wars Rebels!
"With great power.........comes great responsibility."

rank_250
spidermanfan99
Main Console: PS3

Postby Calysto » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:00 pm

I am very sorry to say this but in the 4th video they say that gameplay is inspired by Shadow of the Colossus. While DI looks great and improved it can't even remotely compare to the amazing masterpiece that SotC is. Saying something like that is very reductive of other's great talent and only brings disbelieve to yours.

rank_250
Calysto
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby Dangow » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:11 pm

^I wanna remain impartial on this, but I don't totally agree with your last post, Calysto.

To be inspired by something only means that during the development process, the team had something - that they also consider a masterpiece - to inspire on. This doesn't mean that the gameplay is the same, or that the team expected to be the same. It is always for the best to have and analyze many good examples around you, so you can push your work trying to achieve the best experience possible. I am pretty sure that Team Ico - and any other company who have their work as an inspiration for other games - would feel proud to have their game inspiring other developers like this. ;)
DISCLAIMER: Posts do not reflect the opinions of my employer.

Mickey
Dangow
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby JustNCredible » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:39 pm

I think all they meant was, they were inspired by the giant boss battles where you had to climb up and attack various parts of the "monster" to defeat it and decided to try something similar with the AT-AT, which is itself a giant, tall, epic boss. They weren't at all comparing the two subjectively (or is it objectively? lol) imho.

SoTC was a fantastic game by the way, in complete agreement there ;)
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Infinityfan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:18 pm

This looks like the better Star Wars set out of the 2 shown so far! I can't wait to play this one, I think I'll main Han Solo or if he gets in Boba Fett. This one looks so diverse and I'm glad they've gone back to making playsets more like they were in 1.0.

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby JustNCredible » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:30 pm

Shoot I'm going to be maining as Darth Vader in both playsets lol.

Also, I really want Obi to get an Old Ben costume disc, the mission giver version looks great!
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby halloweenghost » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:38 pm

OLD BEN!!! man i hope obi-wan has him as an alt costume..I doubt it thoguh..
I fight for the users.

rank_50
halloweenghost
PSN ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:57 pm

Can't wait to control the dustbin looking thing (can't remember what it's cAlled lol) sandcrawler maybe?

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Calysto » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:03 am

^ @Dangow ... My comment was not meant to be offensive in any way. I'm sorry if it passed that wrong image. Maybe my wording wasn't the best because of how tired I am right now. I will try to rephrase it.

When someone says that it is taking inspiration from something that is reflected in the end product/art piece/text, whatever. And desirably the cues present are honest to the original work and really try to be as good as its inspiration.

If during my day I cite someone while I am writing, I will be honest and true with the other person's work and that will be plainly reflected in what I say.
I will also try to do good with what I am using, I won't reduce that person's work to some basic or out of context words, that is disrespecting somebody else years of hard work. I will do my absolute best to use what others have "given me".

So, if someone tells me that they have drawn inspiration from SotC to create a gameplay mechanic, a game or movie scene and all they present is jut climbing a "large enemy/animal" then to me that is doing the original material no favours.
Unfortunately this claim has been made many times before in the gaming industry, God of War did it and failed, the last Castlevania games tried too and failed enormously, just to name a few. None of them understood what made SotC so good, none of the looked at the tension built, the struggle to achieve what was necessary, the drive and motifs of the story and characters, the mystery behind everything, and even the music. In the end they just made a poor copy that diluted the original and great game that SotC is.

Of course, given the target audience* such thing would be really hard to pull off.

Having said this, if when playing the game I feel "the good inspiration" in your game/playset you can count that I will come here and congratulate you for your amazing work.

*One of these days I would like to elaborate on the "target audience" issue.

rank_250
Calysto
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys