3.0 Sidekick Thread

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

3.0 Sidekick Thread

Postby braiko » Sat May 30, 2015 12:23 am

Now that it appears we will be seeing many, if not all of the sidekicks actually have some function in terms of gameplay in 3.0, I thought now would be a good time to discuss.

- We know that we will not be limited to Kyln/Brave sidekicks like in 2.0 It seems we can bring along almost anyone for the Takeover game (and possibly elsewhere in the toybox?)
- The sidekicks will be customisable like in 2.0, but again with many different items such as Captain America's shield.
- The sidekicks will be able to be developed (levelled up?). Whether this means they have limited abilities or skill trees to make them do more damage or perform healing is yet to be confirmed.
- The sidekick development will be centered around the farming minigame. Feeding different items will give different benefits.

All of this makes me a ton more excited for sidekicks this game. There will be well over 100 available choices, and if farming allows you to develop/level them all up, this could begin to approach Pokemon levels of time investment ;)

As for me I like the idea of some of the small characters following you around as sidekicks, Timon, Mushu, Abu, Tinkerbell, Wicket the Ewok would all make great sidekicks. Others I look forward to using include Doctor Octopus (so cool!) and Nebula.
YNWA

rank_250
braiko
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Re: 3.0 Sidekick Thread

Postby Quasimod0 » Sat May 30, 2015 12:40 am

This time around, it will actually be fun to unlock the equippable items! Can't wait to see what all sorts of Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars equipment is available. The more of that kinda stuff, the better.

rank_500
Quasimod0
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:33 am

Does anyone know if after you level up your sidekick with farm food if they're level will stay the same, or it will drop and they will have to be fed again?

For an easy example, if Robin Hood leveled up to 10, next time I play would he have dropped to 5, or would he still be at 10?
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby wherestron » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:43 am

Those who can say don't know, and those who do know can't say @InfintyApprentice. :)

Love the idea of the sidekick battles, @braiko. I'm not a Pokefan myself, but I think that could work quite well in a toy box setting.
Cheers,
wherestron
---
Add me on PSN, XBL, iOS and Twitter: @wherestron

rank_250
wherestron
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:20 pm

@wherestron Haha! Probably.

rank_750
InfinityApprentice

Postby Dedede_Man » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:27 pm

So, sorry to be "that guy", but what exactly is meant by sidekicks? Are we talking about townspeople here?
Or is it something exclusive to the Toy Box games? I didn't really bother with the Marvel ones and I still don't have the Disney ones.
Like, sorry if I'm not too knowledgeable, my gamepad was broken so it's been a while since I've played. I'm FINALLY getting a replacement, so I can catch up soon, though!
Disney Infinity needs the glory of Cory.
I love collecting stuff.

rank_250
Dedede_Man
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Steam:

Postby Vidia » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:27 pm

I'm not so sure about the sidekick battling. There's something wrong about the image of forcing Snow White and Cinderella to knife fight for my amusement.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia
Main Console: PS4

Postby InfinityApprentice » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:19 pm

@Dedede_Man The sidekicks were added with the Brave Forest Siege and Escape from the Kyln games. The sidekicks are townspeople who you can upgrade with gear found in the game. Their upgrades are for health, damage, and seek. Each one has a natural level that you can upgrade with gear. Then they help you defeat the bad guys and find hidden treasures.

For instance, one of the sidekicks from Brave Forest Siege is Mum Bear, and you can give her a Viking hat, armor, and a light wand to zap enemies with. You can also throw her into a well or tree to look for more sidekick loot and Sparks.

The sidekicks make little noises (especially when you pick them up) and words appear above their heads like, "Here comes a fight!" and, "Avenge me!" and my personal favorite, "I regret nothing!" :D

The Brave sidekicks are all themed to the movie, with sidekicks like Queen Elinor, King Fergus, Maude, Lord MacGuffin, Mum Bear, etc. Their gear is themed too, with Viking hats, chest plates, and even a mushroom basket (surprisingly powerful!). The Kyln one is themed to the prison from Guardians, and I personally find the sidekicks and gear to very lacking in style. Their prison suits are just variations of white and black patterns; very blah. I much more prefer the aesthetic of the Brave game.

Sidekicks can also follow you around a toy box and you can dress them up in any gear (after you unlock them in their respective Toy Box games).

One more note about the 2.0 Toy Box games is that only Disney characters can play in Brave Forest Siege and Stitch's Tropical Rescue, and only Marvel characters can play in Escape from the Kyln and Assault on Asgard. Each game has an Survival Mode Door (which is TONS of fun and can be placed in a toy box after you unlock it) which is random terrain, random skydome, and random enemies. Once you get past the "lobby" area of each game and into the Survival Mode Door, both Disney and Marvel characters can play in it (this doesn't work in the levels though, only Survival Mode).

Hope that info was helpful!! :)

rank_750
InfinityApprentice

Postby Dedede_Man » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:33 pm

@InfinityApprentice
It sure was! I think I have a fairly solid grasp of how they work now, I can't wait to see who can be used in 3.0!
Disney Infinity needs the glory of Cory.
I love collecting stuff.

rank_250
Dedede_Man
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Steam:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys