Collectors - storage and display

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Collectors - storage and display

Postby InfinityApprentice » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:51 pm

@SheriffWoody You would never break the rules, because if you did, there'd be no hope to corral anyone else! :D

@telonious Okay, for the USA, the globe is $14.99 at Amazon and will be released on November 26, 2015. Any Disney Infinity figure will fit inside, and it can sit on a flat surface or be used as an ornament, which is pretty cool. I think the red hexagon on top of the globe doesn't hold a power disc, but acts at the ornament hanger.

link to details on amazon.com

"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby telonious » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:05 pm

Thanks for the info. $15.00 per case seems a bit much when the current ones are $15 or less for 3 of them. I hope the current ones aren't going to be discontinued.

rank_0
telonious

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:09 pm

the original pdp cases were ok but several figures didn't fit. these $15 "snow globe" style just look wrong to me ... are they intended to be used as tree decorations?

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:46 pm

^^ Yes, it says they can be used as ornaments, which is neat. But I want to play with my figures, not stare at them on my tree!

rank_750
InfinityApprentice

Postby vongruetz » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:46 pm

I just have the hardest time even opening my characters and playsets. I don't know why, but because they can still work while in the packaging, I feel compelled to leave them as-is. The problem is that I'm quickly running out of room for them all.

Am I the only one who has a hard time removing them from their packages?

rank_0
vongruetz
PSN ID:

Postby illuminaugust » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:17 pm

i know what you mean @vongruetz, but I open mine anyways. to me it's kind of insane keeping something you bought unopened (even though in this case you can actually use the product) what use is there to keep them in the box, I'm not gonna sell them anyway and they look so nice when they're out :)

rank_100
illuminaugust
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby InfinityApprentice » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:43 am

I hate ripping open the packaging because the designs are always so pretty, and especially with 3.0. And the plastic never rips cleanly from the cardboard. I feel guilty destroying the packaging like that. But... I WANT TO PLAY WITH THEM!!! :D

rank_750
InfinityApprentice

Postby Sheriff Woody » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:54 am

there is always the option of carefully cutting off the plastic bubble and then trimming it back close to the card. this releases the figure and keeps the display art undamaged. we always open our packages this way as we like to keep the box art. just after the 1 minute mark in the video below shows what it looks like when first cut open in this way ...

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby vongruetz » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:24 am

It is really thoughtful of Disney to even space the characters and playset piece at the exact same distance as they are on the base. That way you can try before you rip it open.

But last night I bit the bullet and finally started to open them. My neurosis was rubbing off on my daughter as she wasn't opening her characters either, so I thought it would be good for both of us to just start ripping them open. I still haven't done them all yet, and I'm finding it harder to open the 1.0 characters because... I guess because they're older.

My wife approves though. She was getting annoyed with all these clunky boxes lying all over the place.

rank_0
vongruetz
PSN ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys