Collectors - storage and display

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Figure Storage Solution

Postby UPQP71 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:54 pm

Hi everyone:

We were quickly out growing the way we were storing our Infinity figures and I was never happy with it, I never felt like they were well protected. So I have been trying to come out with a better way to do it and last week I think I finally found it. I found this Christmas ornament storage container on Amazon last week.

I ordered one to see how it worked out figuring that if it didn't work I'd use it for its intended purpose. I really like it, I think it works well, its easy to access the figures, and it even shows them off a little because they are clear. The bin can hold a total of 48 figures. Only the really large figures are difficult to fit (Venom, Wreck it Ralph, Hulk, and oddly Loki because of his pose) The only real drawback is that the plastic is not very thick. But as long as you are not sitting on the bins or something it should be fine for storing the figures. ( I have little kids that the only reason I think this is a consideration). They cost more then I would have liked but given that we have probably spent hundreds on the figures I figured two of these bins were worth it.

I tried to post photos of what the figures look like in the boxes but couldn't figure out how to do it. If you are interested in seeing what it looks like PM me and I will email the photos to you. Or, if someone can explain how to post photos I can add them to a later post.

rank_0
UPQP71
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:

Re: Figure Storage Solution

Postby Elmo STM » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:11 pm

You could upload the photos to a site like imgur.com and copy the link to this thread :)

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Collectors - storage and display

Postby UPQP71 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:25 pm

Thanks for the suggestion Elmo STM! Here is a link to the photos of the storage bin with the figures inside. You can see that a character like Hulk is a tight fit, but because the dividers are cardboard it still works.

rank_0
UPQP71
PSN ID:

Postby shiftyraccoon » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:03 pm

Why do you want to store them and not display and play?

rank_750_ftb
shiftyraccoon
Main Console: PS4

Postby Elmo STM » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:49 pm

Nice way to store if you don't have the option of displaying

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby UPQP71 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:20 pm

That's primarily our problem. We have too many figures and no space to conveniently display them. This gives us a place to put them that keeps them protected and allows for easy access when we want to play with them. This has been a great solution for us.

rank_0
UPQP71
PSN ID:

Postby shiftyraccoon » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:57 am

I couldn't lock my babies up but they are taking over haha

rank_750_ftb
shiftyraccoon
Main Console: PS4

Postby InfinityApprentice » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:55 pm

@UPQP71 Cool! Is that tall enough for characters like Maleficent? That's where I run into storage issues.

@shiftyraccoon Not everyone, myself included, has a place to display characters, especially a place that is free from dust.
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby UPQP71 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:28 pm

@InfinityApprentice Yes, Maleficent fits too. That's the figure that comes the closest to hitting the top of the bin but she makes it. I try to take a picture of it tonight so you can see.

rank_0
UPQP71
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys