Collectors - storage and display

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Collectors - storage and display

Postby TikiGamer » Wed May 27, 2015 10:28 pm

Now that we will have 3.0, the game is a success and Disney are talking about 5-10 year life I think they need to look again at the way they produce and license accessories for the game.

1. Power Disc storage (albums)

Collectors have been short changed here. Although some nice covers, We have had wave 3 - no album at all. The albums are very hard to get discs in and out of. They add no extra value to the discs themselves. 2.0 we got new albums but of completely different size. Still hard to remove discs. And we then got extra discs for which there was no space in the album. (Jasmine/Aladdin, Falcon/Capt. Marvel)

Suggestion - make a ring binder type album (different cover options for the different franchises). Issue new pages each time a new release of discs is produced. release extra pages if there are last minute add-ons or exclusives. Use a pocket type disc holder that allows easy removal for play. Print details of each disc by it's pocket adding value - this can be flavour text but ideally explaining it's in game effect.

Ideally this should cover all discs ever released. Also make blank pages/pockets available for collectors who wish to store spares or manufacturing rarities.

2. Figure Storage

So soon we'll have over 100 figures (probably not including Crystals and Convention prototypes). It would be nice if some sort of interlocking display system was produced so that figures could be stacked and displayed. The Collectors cases have not proved a big hit (afaik), and they are not very space efficient either.

I did like the Avengers collectors base - but this was too exclusive. A base for all figures for a given franchise (group base) would be an OK solution. (ie a base that hold all 4 cars, or a base for all the Guardians of the Galaxy, or all the Inside Out figures). It would probably also be nice to include the playset token on this base as well if there is one.

thoughts?

rank_50
TikiGamer
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Collectors - storage and display

Postby alecatq2 » Wed May 27, 2015 11:48 pm

Tikigamer, love these ideas. Totally love the power disc sleeve idea as the binders as they are now are useless and always break my nails. Lol. They could also release sleeves for our character cards. I've been working with the power disc tubes bought on clearance. It's hard to locate discs using those which is why I really like your sleeve idea.

rank_100
alecatq2
Main Console: PS3

Postby Stitch » Thu May 28, 2015 12:30 am

Nice ideas, but the franchise bases would have to be a lot smaller than the Avengers base, if we are talking about more room.
And what about franchises with only one or two characters? Or franchises with added characters in the future?

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Postby Cellsai » Thu May 28, 2015 12:46 am

Aye, themed display stands are a short term solution that will just cause problems down the line when they run out of space and future characters from the same series don't fit.

For storage I would just not wait on Disney to make something. There are plenty of solutions out there for figure storage. Go to your local hobby shop or arts and crafts store and ask them for recommendations on figurine storage. They'll probably point you out somewhere to pick up generic (often stackable) clear cases.
It's extra convenient here in Japan because figurine collecting is so common you can pick up DI compatible shelves/cases in the local dollar stores :)

rank_250
Cellsai

Postby shiftyraccoon » Thu May 28, 2015 7:33 pm

Who made the 3D printed display stands. Elsa, Anna, Rapunzel etc?

rank_750_ftb
shiftyraccoon

Postby Goofyboy » Thu May 28, 2015 7:41 pm

I made a display for all my figures with some foam core, an x-acto and some white glue. All figures and playset pieces fit on them for about 8$.

I have 2 black closed glass door towers each side of my TV. I build stairs-like display with black foam core. It looks very clean and made it possible to have 5 figurines deep display to show all of them. I'm very happy with the result.

Not sure what I'll do with 3.0 because it is pretty much filled up right now. I will most likely build another one for Star Wars only and a new one for Marvel. I will then have more space to spread the Disney ones.

Similar to this, but I closed them off too.

rank_250
Goofyboy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Fri May 29, 2015 5:34 am

@Goofyboy I'd love to see a picture of your display when it's complete! My figures are stored in glamours ornament boxes. *sigh*
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice

Postby Infinityfan » Fri May 29, 2015 7:25 am

I have 3 shelves in my room, each can fit 3 rows of 17 characters. So far I've filled up the first shelf and there's 8 on the second. By the end of 3.0 I think I would nearly have filled up the second shelf! :D I think all 3 shelves together hold 151 characters, so I'll probably last until the end of 5.0/6.0 and they'll probably still keep going so I don't know what I'll do from there lol!

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby mirgare » Fri May 29, 2015 2:10 pm

For my display, which I've featured in the collection section if this site. But I can take a photo of it now after work. I got baseball bat cases. Then put in led lights in the top, and display them that way. Each franchise has its own shelf. Disney, pixar, marvel and star wars. And they look great together!

rank_50
mirgare
XBL ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys