Collectors - storage and display

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Collectors - storage and display

Postby julianhilluk » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:50 am

What's the finish like on this? Could you put in LEd spot lights under each which could be used to illuminate them ? Or would the foam board make that a fire hazard ?

As that looks amazing and I'm sure many would like an explanation of how you made it - or just buy a pre made one !

rank_50
julianhilluk
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Jazz820 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:45 am

For my power discs I actually did kind of what they did at E3 and hung them on strings in front of my bedroom

rank_1250
Jazz820
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Postby Befo » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:48 am

We actually took advice from someone on this forum and got a couple of baseball bat display cases from Michael's. They work pretty well for displaying the figures and play set pieces. Still using the power disc albums for power discs at this time, with an extra capsule for doubles and the ones that don't have spots in the albums (Capt. Marvel/Falcon, Alladin discs).
/befo

rank_50
Befo
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Rosamouse » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:18 pm

Actually, with my power disc collection I've decided to stick with the albums. When 2.0 came out, PDP actually came out with a BLANK album (TRU exclusive) that's JUST large enough for my 1.0 Series 3 collection and 4 blank spaces left over--perfect for the 4 "orphan" discs that didn't get album space with the rest of 2.0 for some odd reason.

Even though the cover is all "Marvel Superheroes" and whatnot, the number of spaces in the album turns out to be PERFECT, as I said before. Plus, the album's profile matches the rest of the 1.0 discs, so if I put it on a shelf you couldn't really tell until you pulled it out anyways.

rank_50
Rosamouse
XBL ID:

Postby dcp3y » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:24 am

Rosamouse - sounds like a good idea and as I surveyed it I discovered from the picture that the book has 7 round disc holders whereas 1.0 wave 3 had 4 round discs and there are 2 orphan Marvel round discs, so it appears to me that the idea would leave you with one wrong size hole that maybe you could alter to the correct squashed hex-angle one with an exact-o knife. I also attempted to do something similar with a generic-wave 1.0 PDP silver folder and have my 17 plus 3 open squashed-hex places (2 Aladdin discs could fit) that I added custom disc pictures from this website to show for each spot. My one mistake which may have me redo this craft project was using too thin of paper. As I glued each shape down, the vibrant pictures got severely muted down. One think I did do that I'd repeat is that I used clear packing tape over each piece of paper to protect the paper and give the glossy look that the wave specific made folders have. Seems a pain that PDP didn't come thru for that wave nor the 2.0 ones leaving 4 orphans. Here's to hoping 3.0 gets things right. Good luck with whichever way you go!

rank_100
dcp3y

Postby pjhaan » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:56 am

I use cheap three ring binders and baseball card sheets. I currently have three binders. 1 for terrain and skydome discs, one for mounts and vehicles and one for everything else. I might create one for Costumes/Teamups and one for weapons as well bringing my total to 5 binders.

I don't have to worry about putting them in the right spot but it helps keep them organized. I don't even separate them by 1.0 or 2.0.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:33 pm

@dcp3y That binder will let you use circle or hexagon power discs. The cut in the binder is designed to put any size disc anywhere so there is no limitation. It is actually a really great design. I have two of those binders that I use for all my marvel power discs.
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt

Postby sigil » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:35 pm

please check the part about unnecessary quotes, thanks

Can you post a picture? I am intrigued.
Where ever you go, there you are.

rank_250
sigil
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:08 am

Yes @sigil. Probably tomorrow I will take a picture for you my friend.
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys