gameplay Star Wars Twilight of the Republic Disney Infinity

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

gameplay Star Wars Twilight of the Republic Disney Infinity

Postby Sheriff Woody » Tue May 26, 2015 1:12 pm

on 21 may 2015 i was very fortunate to be invited to the european press briefing for Disney Infinity 3.0 (big thank you to Disney pr, especially Brian Nelson, for arranging this for me).

today i am pleased to be able to share some video footage of beta gameplay for Star Wars Twilight of the Republic Disney Infinity 3.0

Star Wars: Twilight of the Republic
The Star Wars: Twilight of the Republic Play Set takes place in the height of the Jedi’s powers, where players will use the Force and Lightsabers in epic battles and master their combat skills alongside Ahsoka Tano, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda and Darth Maul.

Join Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and his trusty Padawan Ahsoka Tano on an intergalactic adventure to uncover secret plots, defeat villains and to bring peace back to the galaxy. Featuring an original story set in the Episodes I-III timeline, players will travel through four iconic locations, use the Force and Lightsabers in epic battles, and master their combat skills.

The Star Wars: Twilight of the Republic demo was hosted by developer Ninja Theory (another big thank you and awesome work)

Darth Maul Figure Unboxing

part 1

part 2

part 3

part 4

part 5

part 6

some edits just showing combat gameplay footage ...

Ahsoka Tano combat gameplay Star Wars Twilight of the Republic Disney Infinity 3.0

Anakin Skywalker combat gameplay Star Wars Twilight of the Republic Disney Infinity 3.0

Darth Maul combat gameplay Star Wars Twilight of the Republic Disney Infinity 3.0

Obi-Wan Kenobi combat gameplay Star Wars Twilight of the Republic Disney Infinity 3.0

Yoda combat gameplay Star Wars Twilight of the Republic Disney Infinity 3.0

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: gameplay Star Wars Twilight of the Republic Disney Infin

Postby frankiepugs » Tue May 26, 2015 1:48 pm

Whoa Sheriff, thank you for sharing. I'm on video sweetness overload. Only watched the first so far and I have to say I love the game play. The detail even in the background is impressive. Makes you feel like there's an actual war going on around you.

rank_250
frankiepugs
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby CJ1045 » Tue May 26, 2015 1:51 pm

Awesome - very interesting listening to the Ninja Theory guy too. Better than a straight video. Certainly seems to be a huge depth to what is being offered in 3.0.

Thanks for the great videos

CJ

rank_100
CJ1045
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Cellsai » Tue May 26, 2015 1:54 pm

Wow, you really got to see a ton of stuff!

My few thoughts:
Aayla Secura was briefly shown as a hologram before Plo cus in. Hopefully that means she's at least a mission giver! Combined with the Felucia texture discs I can make a toy box where she doesn't die ;_; (Getting the player to save her from ever increasing death traps on Felucia would actually be a hoot)

Interesting how even Twilight of the Republic characters like Maul will need crossover coins to play as in their own playsets! I think it's actually a great idea though because it really does give you a sense that the character doesn't belong and the game knows it. As long as they make sure all those same-period coins are very quickly obtainable, I'm totally cool with them.

I'm a little sad they split the skill tree into separate windows. It was nice to be able to see at a glance where all my points had gone. However, I understand their position that it might be seen as confusing and it doesn't really bother me much to have them split so it's all good!
I wonder will 1.0 and 2.0s have their skill trees similarly cut into sections. I know the existing trees are already actually in four pieces joined at the center afterall.

Was it just me or did Asohka Tano have her standard green lightsaber and her short yellow one in that gameplay? Kind of hard to make out. Her actual figure looks to have two same length green sabers.

Combat looks mad fast, and I'm curious to see how well the whole thing holds up in the youngling arena with ten sidekicks and large waves of enemies!

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby Infinityfan » Tue May 26, 2015 2:00 pm

Awesome! All those characters look like they have really cool and string combat! :D

Will there be videos of the Inside Out Playset and the other Star Wars Playset coming up soon from you? I'd love to see the Emotions using combat! ;)

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby The_Understudy » Tue May 26, 2015 3:36 pm

I really like how they managed to make the combat seem really streamlined, the swiftness of their movements. I just hope, they listened to us about DI 1.0 characters, and even on some of the 2.0 characters, I hope they reworked them to be usable in the toybox takeover, Monster Inc characters, especially.

But all in all, I'm very impressed with this. I'm still waiting for the Toy Box gameplay, as I believe I spend more time in the Toy Box than in the Playsets.

@Cellsai

I believe Ahsoka's lightsabers are of the same length, if I remember it being confirmed on Infinity Inquirer's twitter account.

rank_0
The_Understudy
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Violent_Virtuoso » Tue May 26, 2015 3:41 pm

Wow, all of these videos have got me hyped for 3.0.

One of my main concerns for 3.0 was wondering if they would do enough to differentiate each character to make it really worth getting all of them eventually, and based on these videos, it looks like it'll be worth it as each character fights and moves very differently!

Also, they really weren't lying when they were saying they reduced lag and increased responsiveness. It looks like it flows wonderfully and switching between enemies is even more seamless than before. Makes me even more excited to see what they can do with the Marvel figures and play-set(s) this time around.

Anyways, thanks for all of the videos! :D

rank_0
Violent_Virtuoso
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Quasimod0 » Tue May 26, 2015 3:51 pm

Hey the cutscenes actually look good this time. Remember how awful the Avengers cutscenes looked at times? lol

rank_500
Quasimod0
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Paradox » Tue May 26, 2015 4:48 pm

Looks like 3.0 has some great improvements, now I hope they carry over to the actual gameplay once I have the disc, a figure and a controller in my hand. :)

rank_deputy
Paradox

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys