Creativitoys and Toy Box features you are hoping for in 3.0

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Postby wherestron » Mon May 25, 2015 7:24 am

Ok, thanks to Sheriff and others, so we already know we are getting a few very cool toys for 3.0, including a bunch of cool set pieces.

But what new Creativitoys and Toy Box features are you hoping will be in 3.0?

So far, we have the Path Tool, Music Toy and Radio Disney Toy. Looks like we will also finally get to use the Waypoint arrow.

I'd like to see a tool for selecting and duplicating groups of toys, for situations where it makes sense to duplicate logic and interactions.

I'd also like to see improved ways to communicate story, like a toy that lets you trigger specific voice quote types from the player character (e.g, Failure, Success, Brag, etc). And the ability to create the blurb boxes used in Playsets with the avatar icon shown.

What about having JV and Allison as sidekicks? That would be hilarious. If you can dream it, you can do it! Would be especially cool to have them as Mission Givers.

Having the ability to snap toys together and save them as a Custom Set Piece would be great. I'd love to see a Community Toy Store concept where you could "sell" these combinations for Sparks. Imagine people selling Block Art, Disneyland rides, or complex toy logic I can just drop in would be awesome.

A "Character Gate" toy that requires a specific character to unlock a challenge or part of a Toy Box would be cool too. Ability Terminal sort of gets this idea, but being able to say only Mickey, Minnie or Donald (for example) can unlock this section would be better.

A Block Art toy that lets you build block art more easily would also be good. Lots of people seem to do this and it takes ages - so why not make it easier?

How about a Paint Brush tool that lets you select a texture and paint multiple blocks, rather than having the current "one or all" option?

Along similar lines, a "Magic Brush" tool that lets you "paint" terrain or builders would be great too. Similar to how Project Spark works. The creators are good, but I want more precise control.

Love to see the ability to snap toys together so they move together in game. For example, to recreate the train from Lone Ranger, or two Townspeople who dance together.

A text crawler tool so I can recreate the Star Wars style crawling text for stories.

Lighting effects like different coloured spotlights or searchlights, sun flare.

A Weather Effects toy to create rain, snow, wind, falling leaves, confetti, streamers, fairy dust, and other similar effects would be fun too.

Projectile toys that can fire objects at breakables for effect (similar to the sidekick cannon shown in the Toybox Takeover video, but without the sidekick).

Scalable trees. Ones you can climb.

Slides / Water slides (Path tool might make this possible?). Rails are cool and all, but I want different options.

The ability to hide Creativitoys entirely when not in Wand mode. I always hated that they show up and the only work around is to put them somewhere out of sight. Not always convenient and an make logic harder to build.

A dragon mount. Pete' Dragon, perhaps?

Jousting capability where you can knock someone off a mount by using ranged or melee attacks.

A "Lives" toy to count chances I've used. I know this can be done with other toys, but simplify.

A Ruler or a grid box overlay tool would help with block art and object placement.

INterior objects in the Toy box. Seamless transition between the two without load time.

Hulk hands pack. Makes your character wear the big Hulk Hands and gives extra melee power.

Gravitoy. Ability to make Players, Enemies or Objects float as if they were in space, or ground them entirely within an area.

Enhanced barriers that let you stop things above, below and in any direction.

A "Light Bridge" like the ones from Tron.

Magnet toy that lets you draw Players, Objects or enemies toward it at varying rates.

More collectibles. Flags, for example. And those cool gates from Avengers Playset when you do the flying challenge.

Stickers and poster decorations.

A combination lock toy. Lets you specify a combination and order of numbers or symbols before it unlocks. Could also require objects to be placed in certain combinations.

Upgrades to existing toys to make them easier to use and enhance what they can do. Logic Gate is a good example there.

Ability to switch on "connection view" which shows the arrow paths of which toys are connected to which others. I could select a given toy and "Show Connections" to view what it's connected to.

Hoping to get at least some of these with 3.0!

What are your ideas?

Almost forgot: different terrain that affects player or vehicle speed and handling.

Ice is slippery (so you slide when you stop running), Mud is sticky, snow and Sand slow you down, Gravel is rough and causes skidding, etc.

How about a VoiceBox toy where you can play any of the voice samples from any of the characters you have unlocked? This could be triggered, meaning you could create narratives.
Cheers,
wherestron
---
Add me on PSN, XBL, iOS and Twitter: @wherestron

rank_250
wherestron
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Creativitoys and Toy Box features you are hoping for in

Postby braiko » Mon May 25, 2015 12:18 pm

The seamless transition from interior to toybox is a big one. I have not made any toyboxes that transition the player into an interior nor do I go through such doors in downloaded toyboxes because the load times are just WAAY too obtrusive.

For me, the Toy Store needs to be revamped AGAIN. In 1.0 people complained about it being too random. I quite liked the excitement of having a cool item like Pride Rock become available through that system. I much preferred it to the 2.0 unlock method: select generic wall piece A, confirm unlock, success, move to select generic wall piece B, confirm unlock, success, move to select generic wall piece C...... generic wall piece Q, confirm unlock, success. Next tab... and repeat. I haven't unlocked everything even though I probably could afford to just because it is SO boring and takes too long.
YNWA

rank_250
braiko
XBL ID:

Postby wherestron » Mon May 25, 2015 12:34 pm

I agree with that @braiko. Unlocking more than one toy at a time is laborious. Would be great to have the ability to multi select toys and say "buy all these". Much quicker and less frustrating.

Hoping the team have done some major under the hood improvements to enhance stability and reduce (or eliminate) load times, while also allowing much more complex and detailed toy boxes.

Fingers crossed!
Cheers,
wherestron
---

rank_250
wherestron
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BenFleischman » Mon May 25, 2015 4:06 pm

Um... or just allow us to buy building sets as a whole.

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Mistrauss » Tue May 26, 2015 12:17 am

can they please add a toy box search in game?

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY... add a search button in the toy box, we're getting so many new toys each game, even though they added the favorite list it's still annoying.
Did you hear about the kid-napping? He got up.

rank_50
Mistrauss
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby wherestron » Tue May 26, 2015 2:23 am

Awesome idea, @Mistrauss. The filters could definitely be improved.

Had some more ideas:
- Glass blocks
- Mirror blocks
- Fire / Smoke Toy that can apply fire / smoke effects to any other object (trees, buildings, blocks)
- Water can extinguish the fire (optionally)
- Water buckets & Water balloons
- Radomizer (Define a limit then action based on which number is triggered)
Cheers,
wherestron
---

rank_250
wherestron
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby wherestron » Wed May 27, 2015 4:31 am

@braiko Today's interview with JV and Blackburn stated they seem to have gone one better. They openly recognised the need for people to be able to build more sooner, so they are talking in terms of people unlocking groups of toys, rather than individual items.

The departure from 1.0 to 2.0 and now 3.0 is a huge gap. Some might say a complete 180 degree turn. It's so great they are listening to the feedback and acting. Go to give them credit for that.
Cheers,
wherestron
---

rank_250
wherestron
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Hopeless » Wed May 27, 2015 8:37 am

Starship Interiors!

Seriously being able to access some mock designs of star ship interiors to access with the star wars stuff for example the interior of the Millennium Falcon or a Corellian Corvette something to make this edition stand out even more!

Well that and Darkwing Duck, even as a sidekick pretty please!

rank_250
Hopeless
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Infinityfan » Wed May 27, 2015 8:49 am

In one of Game Trailer Reviews videos it shows some of the sidekicks, about 10, and one is DarkWing Duck! :) @Hopeless

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys