Creativitoys and Toy Box features you are hoping for in 3.0

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Creativitoys and Toy Box features you are hoping for in 3.0

Postby wherestron » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:17 pm

@pjhaan - those are good refinement ideas. I especially like the idea that a moveable block could trigger an action.

The bounce pads look like they are coming already, as the Inside Out Playset has them, and we've seen springs used in the AT-AT to eject the pilot when a button is pressed.

Given the amount of block art that is featuring in some of the top boxes, I am hoping the team have given this some more thought. Things like finer adjustments to pieces would definitely be helpful.
Cheers,
wherestron
---
Add me on PSN, XBL, iOS and Twitter: @wherestron

rank_250
wherestron
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Creativitoys and Toy Box features you are hoping for in

Postby pjhaan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:38 am

Another refinement would be allowing Bird's Eye cameras to use locators for more precise control! This is an issue with my current project. I had to switch top a target camera but can't focus straight down...

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby wherestron » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:17 pm

Agree with that @pjhaan. In fact, @quinnjitsu has been quoted on these forums as saying there are MASSIVE upgrades coming to the storytelling capabilities, which I assume means cameras as well. For example, I fully expect we will be able to put a camera on a spline, which will be great for tracking shots.

Something tells me they underestimated what people would do with DI from a storytelling perspective. They will certainly be addressing that in 3.0 IMMHO.
Cheers,
wherestron
---
Add me on PSN, XBL, iOS and Twitter: @wherestron

rank_250
wherestron
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby GermanBoldItalic » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:59 pm

I really hope the side step camera will have some sort oft logic to lock a character into a straight like in the Inside Out play set. I would love to make some 2D side scrollers but invisible barriers make it tough. I also find it distracting when the character is bouncing off the walls with the shimmering effect. Jumps are also really tough to pull off when your character still has 3D movement in that space.

Hopefully the Inside Out mechanics transfer to the toy box and we can get some really great side scrolling toy boxes.

rank_250
GermanBoldItalic
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:51 pm

I used a lot of the barriers on the Sonic toy box I uploaded. You can go into the properties and turn off the Collision Effect. Then there is no shimmering.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys