Power Discs in the Toybox

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Power Discs in the Toybox

Postby Doc Jump » Sun May 24, 2015 3:51 am

With new ride vehicles like the Splash Mountain log and the teacup vehicle confirmed for 3.0, I began thinking again about how many vehicles that would make for great toyboxes are still restricted by power discs.

For example, the perfect Peter Pans Flight toybox will never be available to everyone, because people still need to find the rare disc and place it down to be able to use it in said toybox. Are we ever going to get to the point where people can place down a disc to insert a vehicle into a toybox, and then everyone who plays that box can use the vehicle for THAT BOX ONLY?

I really hope the Splash Mountain log is unlockable, and not behind a 10.00 paywall restricting people from making the perfect Splash Mountain toybox. :(

It kind of irritates me when wonderful but obscure vehicles like the Bedknobs bed can be used everywhere, but I'll NEVER be able to make the perfect Mr Toad's for all to use.

rank_750
Doc Jump
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Re: Power Discs in the Toybox

Postby Infinite Mickey » Sun May 24, 2015 4:37 am

^That second paragraph especially. Why can't it be like the terrain discs!?

There's even an easy solution. Make it so that toy boxes with these vehicles can't be edited!
Proud Wii U owner, and thinks that the console is the perfect Next Gen.

rank_1500_ftb
Infinite Mickey
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby BenFleischman » Sun May 24, 2015 4:38 am

The same goes for Aladdin. I still don't have the flying carpet (or many of the 2.0 discs for that matter) and I was expecting someone to make an Escape from the Caverns toy box. Nope.

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Cellsai » Sun May 24, 2015 2:39 pm

The reason they wouldn't let the toys stay in the box when you remove them is probably so one person who has all the discs won't make a toy box with all of them in it, then just share that around.
However, Infinite Mickey's solution does sound good by locking any toy boxes from being edited if you don't own any of the power discs.

God I hate power discs.

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby GermanBoldItalic » Sun May 24, 2015 3:49 pm

Even if you could edit the toy box, it would just say that some of the toys in the level were still locked, like it does when you go into a toy box that has pieces you haven't unlocked. I really hope they listened to the community and added logic for it, I think it would help to get people interested in buying discs.

With the 3.0 disc packs coming in sets, it would be much easier to test a toy in someone's toy box and then decide to buy it if you like it.

rank_250
GermanBoldItalic
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Calysto » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:07 am

I'm thinking of purchasing some power disks to use while building toyboxes, including some vehicles.

But I have some doubts about how these work. Can I set a vehicle generator to spawn a power disk vehicle? For what I have read saving a toybox with said vehicles would not save the vehicles. Is that right?

Thanks.

rank_250
Calysto
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby GuyCC75 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:52 pm

I asked the DI folks about this very question. They said it was a good idea and will look into it.

How much farther it will go past that remains unknown, but yes, I would love to see vehicles be locked down to Toy Boxes in the same way terrains are.

The maximum amount of items is 3, anyway. I doubt they would allow people to save 3, then add 3 more, then 3 more, etc. It's not like someone could make a Toy Box with EVERYTHING in it.

rank_250
GuyCC75
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Stitch » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:46 pm

I support this 100%

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby Mozenrath1 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:01 pm

On Toybox TV JV said the gumball dispenser pops out random power disc toys.
"Why am I not surprised" - Iago from Alladdin

rank_250
Mozenrath1
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys