What Would You Like in a 3.0 Collectors Edition?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

What Would You Like in a 3.0 Collectors Edition?

Postby Cellsai » Fri May 22, 2015 1:09 pm

Just curious to see what you'd think on this subject.

2.0 got the massive light up Frost Beast stand for putting the Avengers and Loki (or whoever you want) on. What would you like to see 3.0 get?
Special power discs? Variant figures? Another stand? In game items?

I wouldn't be opposed to another special stand. A Dejarik table like the one Chewie and R2D2 play on in the Millenium Falcon's lounge would be kinda neat, with all your figures taking the place of holographic monsters.

(I should also mention that any plans for the collectors edition, if there is one, would have been long finalized by now, so this is just idle speculation on what you'd like or expect to see)

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Re: What Would You Like in a 3.0 Collectors Edition?

Postby Mukluk4 » Fri May 22, 2015 2:37 pm

Similar to the 2.0 but replace it with a big ol Rancor

rank_100
Mukluk4
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby tabaer » Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Since the 2.0 collectors edition came with the same play set (Avengers) as the starter pack with all the figures (except Falcon and Loki) I would assume it would be the same for 3.0. So we would get all the Twilight of the Republic figures (or most) with the play set and a display themed to that play set. With that said I don't know enough about the different worlds represented in the play set or the bosses of the play set (I know Grievous and Darth Maul are two). I know Geonosis and Tatooine are both in game so here are some possibilities that make sense for those two. For Geonosis, the arena would make sense, especially if there is some kind of beast that needs to be slain. For Tatooine, I believe I read somewhere (GI article?) that the Sarlacc would be in the Twilight of the Republic play set, if so that would be a cool. Although I would freak out if they used something similar to one of the "old school" play sets like the Cantina or the Death Star as inspiration for whatever they come up with.

rank_100_ftb
tabaer
Disney ID:

Postby caspartt » Fri May 22, 2015 3:10 pm

I would love to have a Infinity version of the Millennium Falcon to sit with the figures on the shelf but they have already said they won't be doing vehicles :cry:
Cellsai's idea of a Dejarik table sounds good though

rank_100
caspartt
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Calysto » Fri May 22, 2015 3:19 pm

First I would love for it to NOT be exclusive to one platform. (They should not discriminate customers like that.)

As for what the item would be, i also thought of the Dejarik table and like it. I think it would look better than a Millennium Falcon with the figures.

I know that there will not be a Toy Box bundle this time but a special edition with a Disney Infinity Wand replica would be nice.

rank_250
Calysto
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Fri May 22, 2015 4:11 pm

I noticed that Mickey and Minnie have a similar base to Donald Duck, but their bases have a stone pieces so that when you set M&M together, there is what looks like a stone path between them, whereas Donald has just grass on his base. I'd like to see a special display with a Disney castle silhouette, with a slot for Donald on the left, M&M in the middle, and Goofy on the right. That would be really cool!
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby Guinydyl » Fri May 22, 2015 8:42 pm

The base could be idk but I think like chewie, Han, yoda and vader for Star Wars aswell as fear, quorra and maybe ultron or hulk buster

7 figures + the game + a base= £149.99? Trying to make sure none of the figures are in playest packs
3.0 is awesome!!

rank_250
Guinydyl
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Chewbacca » Sun May 24, 2015 12:28 am

mos eisley cantina would be pretty dope.
Chewie is best character

rank_1250
Chewbacca
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Postby braiko » Sun May 24, 2015 1:02 am

^ it would. I suspect that the collector's edition will have to tie in with the Prequels/Clone Wars playset though. I suppose it is possible to utilise Tatooine or other locales that also appear in classic trilogy as well.
YNWA

rank_250
braiko
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys