Disney Infinity 3.0 playsets

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: According to listing at Best Buy we are getting 8 playse

Postby Violent_Virtuoso » Thu May 21, 2015 5:21 am

I know this isn't concrete yet, but I think due to the specific nature of the wording, it's more likely that we are getting 8 Playsets as opposed to 5.

If we do get 3 more Playsets, I think it'll definitely be Rebels, Ant-Man and either Tron or Frozen. Those makes too much sense for them to be anything else, IMO.

Whether or not we get 8 Playsets, I am very appreciative of all of the new content Disney has developed for 3.0. Just 5 new Playsets, 4 new Toy Box Game Discs, the addition of farming and 30-40 new figures is a lot to be excited about by itself, so the addition of another 3 Playsets on top of that would be amazing.

All of this recent news makes me more and more hyped to get my hands on 3.0 and all of the figures and Playsets they plan on releasing.

Can't wait for launch day! :D

rank_0
Violent_Virtuoso
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Infinityfan » Thu May 21, 2015 6:43 am

@CCRunner, I think Infinity Inquirer made a mistake with the 4 game discs. There's only two I think they got confused! But that still doesn't mean Best Buy could have thought Playsets were game discs, they could have but I don't think so the way they were being so specific about what franchises got Playsets.

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Calysto » Thu May 21, 2015 9:28 am

JV said that the new (2) Toybox Game Disks (Racing and the Dungeon Crawler) would look more like playset pieces than the blue disks we got in 2.0. If that is really the case than it is easy for a retailer to and just mess it up call everything the same.

Considering this then we can possibly assume that we will get the 5 "anounced" playsets, the 2 announced game disks and 1 unannounced playset.

rank_250
Calysto
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby Vidia » Thu May 21, 2015 11:22 am

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but Best Buy seems to have now removed the part about there being eight playsets from their site.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia

Postby Romulus77 » Thu May 21, 2015 11:24 am

And so begins the endless speculation of "Were they wrong?" or "It's a cover up!". :lol:

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby wherestron » Thu May 21, 2015 11:28 am

JV was pretty definitive in the interview that they had all the fan bases covered. He also talked about the "deep bench".

Looking at the upcoming movie roster, the Marvel playset is likely to be Captain America: Civil War. This would provide the perfect balance of old and new characters since Iron Man, Cap, Hawkeye, Black Widow and Spidey are all on board - but there is also Vision, Scarlett Witch, Black Panther, Winter Soldier, Ant Man and Red Skull as part of the plot. We may even get some kind of Superhero "Battle Royale" Toybox game to mirror the hero conflict too.

As for Disney, both Jungle Book and Alice are slated for H1 2016. So that's two properties they could draw on. Alice would be my pick. It has a more lasting appeal and a greater array of classic characters to choose from. Especially the case given JV's emphasis on the need for female characters in the roster.

Lastly, Rebels is almost a certainty for the 4th SW playset. It's got a richer lore than any of the available alternatives and Episode 8 is almost certainly 4.0 Starter Pack or Playset territory.

Other properties like Zootopia, Ant Man and Gravity Falls are a little too risky so may be relegated to Power Discs for now. Same goes for Muppets.

4.0 could be a whole other story, but I'm betting a Finding Dory playset could be on the cards for that given JV mentioned they are working on water mechanics for a later release.
Cheers,
wherestron
---
Add me on PSN, XBL, iOS and Twitter: @wherestron

rank_250
wherestron
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby wherestron » Thu May 21, 2015 11:30 am

@Calysto - JV was referring to the quality of the games not the discs themselves. His point was they learned from 2.0 that players expect more than some of the repetitive waves of grinding 2.0 subjected us to.
Cheers,
wherestron
---
Add me on PSN, XBL, iOS and Twitter: @wherestron

rank_250
wherestron
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

According to listing at Best Buy we are getting 8 playsets

Postby MightyGitis » Thu May 21, 2015 11:43 am

Excellent. Glad they took down the incorrect info. Hopefully they'll clarify but don't be surprised if they don't. Instead lets talk about some real info we know is true.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Thu May 21, 2015 11:46 am

"JV: We re-designed them more like play set pieces based on user feedback."

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys