Disney Infinity 3.0 playsets

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: According to listing at Best Buy we are getting 8 playse

Postby Spider-Man » Thu May 21, 2015 12:20 am

I am really hoping for an Ant-Man playset! How cool would that be?! Going into anthills and secret things throughout the world and being able to battle on a little kid's train set! It could have Ant-Man, Hank Pym, Hope Van Dyne, and Yellowjacket. In the Ant-Man lego sets, Hank Pym has his own Ant-Man suit which will probably end up being in the movie so he could have that suit in the game. I also think that Hope Van Dyne will become the Wasp at some point in the movie so she could have the Wasp's suit in the game too! After all, she is the Wasp's daughter. Also in the film, Wasp is dead.
"With great power comes great responsibility!" Quoted by Uncle Ben

rank_500
Spider-Man
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Vidia » Thu May 21, 2015 12:36 am

Still not commenting on whether this is true or not, but an Ant-Man playset would be a very cool addition, in my opinion. Considering that the main complaint about the Marvel playsets has been how similar they are (as well as the fact that judging by the movie the Age of Ultron playset is likely to be another instance of "beat up large amounts of identical enemies in a city"), having something totally different like Ant-Man would be a very good move. I love that whole "tiny characters exploring a massive world" type of thing.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia
Main Console: PS4

Postby FlameChampion267 » Thu May 21, 2015 12:43 am

I am on Team False until proven otherwise, although I would also say I'm on Team couldn't afford to buy them all so less is more. To be honest as much as I'd like it I still have not played Guardians playset :(

rank_100_ftb
FlameChampion267
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby GuyCC75 » Thu May 21, 2015 12:49 am

I hope this is true.

I could see:

Star Wars: Rebels
Marvel: Ant-Man, or if they REALLY wanted to ramp it up, go original with Secret Wars.
Disney: Harder to say, but perhaps make some Toy Box characters like Wreck-It Ralph, Aladdin or Tron get their own thing (I could see Frozen as well). DuckTales would be a dream, but if I really thought about it, perhaps a "Muppets Tonight" playset.

rank_250
GuyCC75
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby shades_smiley » Thu May 21, 2015 12:53 am

The most likely explanation is that they are including the Toy Box Expansion Games as "Playsets". In which case, we're probably just looking at one more Toy Box Expansion Game that is Marvel-themed and that'll be it this go-around.

Which is not to say I wouldn't be excited about more full-fledged playsets (Rebels, Muppets, etc...). I'm just not getting my hopes up.

rank_100
shades_smiley
Main Console: Wii U

Postby tabaer » Thu May 21, 2015 1:36 am

IF it is true, the fourth Star Wars will be Rebels, one Marvel will probably be Ultron, as for the other Marvel, I could see it being Agents of SMASH since two of the original Marvel sets were based on the cartoons. No idea what the second Disney one will be.

rank_100_ftb
tabaer
Disney ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Thu May 21, 2015 1:57 am

The only characters not on my purchase list are Hulkbuster Iron Man and Ultron. I already have enough Marvel characters (I bought some but not all of them), but I might get a Scarlett Witch or Wasp if they're an option.

For Star Wars I *wasn't* going to get them all, BUT, you know... LOL

I'm getting all of the Disney ones announced so far. Plus I want to get some Disney figure for my mom as a present because she loves the game too, and we have a ton of fun playing together. [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️ Then there's the four Toy Box games and the yet-to-be-announced power disc roster...

*Budget explodes in massive inferno* Disney Infinity, why must I love you so much?? :D
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby Quasimod0 » Thu May 21, 2015 2:55 am

An Ant Man play set could be REALLY fun and creative. That would be a perfect fit for infinity. Avalanche has already done something similar with the Toy Story 3 game.

rank_500
Quasimod0
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Hopeless » Thu May 21, 2015 4:33 am

As much as I'd love an Antman Play set I would have to add Agents of Shield as a possibility if only because it IS an option here!

I'm more inclined to believe they're counting the Toy box game discs like they did last time, hopefully this will be clarified before launch rather than early next year like 2.0 was.

Remember they need something to promote Disney Infinity 4.0 so unless they plan a Rogue 1 Playset, Rebels will probably be released then. :cry:

I wonder if we'll get the Kashykk Forest as an option in the toy box?

Anyway I actually wished they randomised which villain was behind the takeover so it would keep us guessing! :mrgreen:

rank_250
Hopeless
Main Console: Xbox 360

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys