Disney Infinity 3.0 playsets

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: According to listing at Best Buy we are getting 8 playse

Postby wherestron » Thu May 21, 2015 11:50 am

@Romulus time will tell. Perhaps you're both right.
Cheers,
wherestron
---
Add me on PSN, XBL, iOS and Twitter: @wherestron

rank_250
wherestron
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby megadrive2 » Thu May 21, 2015 12:25 pm

Unfortunately it seems Best buy were wrong on this occasion, this doesn't mean there wont be any more playsets than the 5 we are aware of, just that nothing is confirmed and there will be less than 8 in total (I speculate more like 6 plus 2 expansion discs).

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby MightyGitis » Thu May 21, 2015 12:28 pm

This should settle it finally: JV tweeting its false --> https://twitter.com/johnvignocchi/statu ... 1879251968

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby megadrive2 » Thu May 21, 2015 12:38 pm

^Thanks for the heads up MG, hopefully we can get confirmation on whether it's 5 total or more than that at least.

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2

Postby sarvinator » Thu May 21, 2015 1:23 pm

Hmm. Still very odd that Best Buy would be this specific or just make it up. Still, 5 playsets + hopefully another one or two will be a lot better than the offerings in 2.0. Still betting we get more than 5.

rank_50
sarvinator
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Thu May 21, 2015 3:32 pm

UPDATE: JV confirmed on Twitter this morning (5/21/15) that the 8 play set leak by Best Buy was "completely false," and that "In fact, we haven't even told retailers how many are coming for fear they would leak! :D"

While 8 play sets sound amazing, I think we can agree that it was also not likely. ;)

Which begs the question (because let's face it, speculating is dangerous but fun): Just how many will there be? We know of 5 (3 Star Wars,1 Marvel, 1 Disney/Pixar), so the remaining numbers would 6 7 and 9. Despite my earlier theory, I think 9 is definitely as stretch and highly unlikely. But I could definitely see them adding 1 or maybe even 2 more play sets to the list.

Since people complained about repetitiveness of the Marvel play sets, I'm going guess that the only Marvel set we'll get is the 1 we know of with the unannounced title. And the 3 announced Star Wars play sets pretty much cover the whole saga, except for Rebels. Considering that there is a standalone Star Wars movie coming that is set during this time frame, I would guess that a play set for this era would be more likely for 4.0. There were a lot of complaints about lack of Disney play sets in 2.0, so I think any remaining toy boxes are most likely Disney (yay!).

Please remember we're all working with the words "maybe" and not "definitely" here, and that nothing we see should be believed until Disney Infinity tells us. Like I mentioned above, speculation is a dangerous (but certainly fun) hobby that can lead to disappointment. I think it's totally okay to engage in this kind of fun as long as we keep that maybe/not definitely mindset. ;)
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby CCRunner524 » Thu May 21, 2015 3:36 pm

I'm glad JV squashed this rumor before it got too much traction.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Vidia » Thu May 21, 2015 3:41 pm

To be honest, with the rumour having been officially quashed, I think this thread has pretty much run its course. Anything from here on out is just going to very quickly descend into a wish list.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia

Postby megadrive2 » Thu May 21, 2015 3:48 pm

^I'm keeping this thread open so everyone can digest the confirmation that there will not be 8. Hopefully we shall have more info here if we get further details on the real total. Don't worry about a wish list appearing, any post of that sort will mysteriously disappear :twisted:

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys