Disney Infinity 3.0 playsets

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: According to listing at Best Buy we are getting 8 playse

Postby Gorki247 » Wed May 20, 2015 9:42 pm

Aren't Toy Box Takeover and Villain Takeover the same thing?

rank_100
Gorki247
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Infinityfan » Wed May 20, 2015 9:45 pm

Yes that's what I was thinking! I am beginning to think there may be only 5 Playsets in 3.0 again. :( That's not a bad thing I'd just have liked a Gravity Falls playset in 3.0. Oh well, we could still de Dipper and Mabel in 3.0 as figures in wave 2! :)

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Vidia » Wed May 20, 2015 10:01 pm

Whilst I'm making no judgement on whether 8 playsets are actually coming or not, I would like to say that I think it's a good idea.

They keep mentioning how DI is supposed to be this big platform for content. With 2.0 there was this huge dead space where the only releases they had were a few new figures. Having eight playsets that they could spread out across the game's lifespan would definitely be more in line with this supposed philosophy. Cost isn't really that much of an issue if you're patient, as the prices come down fairly dramatically.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia
Main Console: PS4

Postby CCRunner524 » Wed May 20, 2015 10:06 pm

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby megadrive2 » Wed May 20, 2015 10:06 pm

If you are into any game in the toys-to-life genre and are that worried about costs then it's time to play other games imho. No point in breaking the bank over it, the alternative option is waiting until the sales at the later stages of the games lifecycle, (I do this with Skylanders) saves a huge amount.

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Stitch » Wed May 20, 2015 10:24 pm

Agreed, toys to life is an expensive investment if you are serious in collecting it.
This is my only collection so I just figured why not go all out on it?

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby GermanBoldItalic » Wed May 20, 2015 11:01 pm

I'd love to see eight playsets, especially if the release were spread out over the entire cycle until 4.0. That would really add to the lifespan of the game which is something I thought was very lacking in 2.0. because by Christmas I'd finished every playset and unlocked basically everything that wasn't character specific.

64.99 isn't a bad price for the starter pack either. It's essentially what you would pay for the toy box only download and a playset so it evens out value-wise. They may even throw in some power discs or a toy box game to make it an even better value, I don't believe there's been an official word on what exactly the starter pack comes with. At the lower price point, I don't mind not having extra playsets either. Plus there would be 3 Star Wars characters but each would only be able to play in their own specific playset until their crossover coin was unlocked, which could be confusing.

rank_250
GermanBoldItalic
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Wed May 20, 2015 11:20 pm

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are 8 play sets for 3.0.

There was 6 play sets in 1.0:
The Incredibles
Pirates of the Caribbean
Monsters University
Cars
The Lone Ranger
Toy Story in Space

In 2.0, there was only 3 play sets (aka 50% of the first one):
The Avengers
Guardians of the Galaxy
Spider-Man

In an interview somewhere (maybe it was with JV, I can't remember), it was said the the DI team was working on lightsaber combat some 6-8 months BEFORE 2.0 ever came out.

So maybe, DI wanted to add stories D and E to 2.0, but they weren't ready in time to be launched with A B and C, so they bump it back to 3.0. Considering a scenario like that, it would be entirely plausible to have 8 play sets in 3.0. Just because the play sets would be released within several months of each other is no reason to assume that they all began production at the same time.

Of course the other plausible explanation is that it could be a massive misprint in which thousands of fans will be disappointed and therefore hate the company that posted said false information for that leak for the rest of eternity.

Something to think about... LOL
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby 80sDuckFan » Thu May 21, 2015 12:16 am

Until Disney Infinity/Disney Interactive/Avalanche OFFICIALLY confirms or denies this, I'm just going to assume that this is an error in Best Buy's part.

EDIT: Forgot to include the crucial word 'officially'.

rank_250
80sDuckFan

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys