Disney Infinity 3.0 playsets

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: According to listing at Best Buy we are getting 8 playse

Postby InfinityApprentice » Wed May 20, 2015 8:15 pm

I agree that with Star Wars it will probably be Rebels (I can't imagine anything else it would be), and Ant-Man and maybe Ultron for Marvel. For Disney, I imagine that it could be Tron, Frozen, Wreck-It Ralph, or maybe even something for the Fab 5 (there have been a lot of requests for Goofy, and Pete could be a good edition too. Maybe the Phantom Blot is going to take over Toontown!). Classic Alice in Wonderland would also be amazing! Jeez, I don't which ONE of those I would want the most... Decisions, decisions! :D

What characters would be likely to come with an Ant-Man play set? I know zilch about the story other than there's a character named Hank Pim, and someone who can shrink to the size of an ant.
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby spidermanfan99 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:17 pm

Ha! i was right all along! i had theorized that we would be getting 4 Star Wars playsets
and the playsets would be The force awakens, the clone wars, the original trilogy and rebels
and now it looks like i was right!
"With great power.........comes great responsibility."

rank_250
spidermanfan99
Main Console: PS3

Postby Infinityfan » Wed May 20, 2015 8:39 pm

The more I think about this the more I think it's true! They can't Har mistaken them for toy box game discs otherwise there's be 4 more 'Playsets' as we know there's 4 game discs. My prediction is for Star Wars it'll be Rebels with (following the 5 character per playset theme) Ezra, Kanan, Hera, Sabine and Zeb. For Marvel it'll be X-Men with Wolverine, Storm, Mystique, Cyclops and Magneto or maybe Ant Man but I don't know 5 characters for that. And for Disney it'll be one of the following: Gravity Falls with Dipper, Mabel, Grunkle Stan, Wendy or Soos and Lil' Gideon or A Classic Alice In Wonderland playset with Alice, Mad Hatter, Cheshire Cat, The White Rabbit and the Queen of Hearts or a Peter Pan playset with Peter Pan, Wendy Darling, Captain Hook, Mr Smee and Tinker bell as a crossover character. Any of those would make me happy especially Gravity Falls (but I'm worried that'd annoy some people :roll: ) I really hope this is true! :D

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby CCRunner524 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:43 pm

1. X-men will never be in DI until marvel gets it back. Legal team wont even approve a X-men toybox for top 5 submissions.
2. We don't know there are 4 game discs. At this moment there is only 2. The Racing one and Toybox Takeover.

They are still working on this game currently. I highly doubt they will have time to add more playsets and fit them all on 1 disc.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Goofyboy » Wed May 20, 2015 8:46 pm

What about Big Hero 6? It's the first one that comes to mind for Disney that would make sense in an action playset. We are still missing 4 of the 6 characters. I know I would love that!

rank_250
Goofyboy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Infinityfan » Wed May 20, 2015 8:48 pm

1. Ok about the X Men thing.
2. Actually there's four game discs confirmed, look at Game Informer on 1 of the articles about Game discs I think but on one it definitely confirms there's 4 game discs at least. Someone could link it unless I find it first!

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Gorki247 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:49 pm

@Infinityfan Keep in mind that they don't need 5 figures for a playset to work. Actually, if we really get 8 play sets, it would even make sense that some of them are smaller ones.

In the case of Ant Man, they could just go for Ant Man and Yellow Jacket, with any of the previous Marvel figures having some sort of crossover play, or they could add characters (like Wasp) based on other sources. One thing is for sure, a X-Men playset isn't going to happen.

rank_100
Gorki247

Postby CCRunner524 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:50 pm

@Infinityfan let me know if you find it ;)

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby MightyGitis » Wed May 20, 2015 8:51 pm

Please guys. Try to reign in your expectations and hold fast for official word.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys