First Look 3.0 Power Disc Packs *New pics SW Discs

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: First Look 3.0 Power Disc Packs

Postby hedgehobbit » Wed May 20, 2015 5:50 pm

We probably won't be seeing any 2 figure + 2 power disc packs anymore. I wonder if this ratio will remain constant through all the packs; terrain, sky, tool/pack/vehicle, and event/powerup. To me that seems the ideal mix.

rank_0
hedgehobbit
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby SuperHazman » Wed May 20, 2015 9:14 pm

Glad there won't be any blind bags, I'm happy we get the whole set in one, and it's not totally random.

Tomorrowland items look cool, so maybe no characters this year. :/
I'm baack! - Daredevil & Elektra for DI 3.0

rank_250
SuperHazman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Steam:

Postby MickeyMousefit » Thu May 21, 2015 2:48 am

This idea of "theme packs" has the stink of "lack of variety" written all over it. Worried about lack of obscure titles you should be, gone are the blind bags and I predict so is the amount of power disc choices we will have. I can see his being just another way to push all the NEW franchises instead of the fun random obscure franchises we have come to EXPECT and love from the power discs. Now we are going to see a ton of certain unpopular packs hanging on pegs while the few popular ones will be scooped up within minutes and sold on ebay just like it was with the skylanders CHAOS traps for those familiar with that horror story cause by Activision. We will see in the coming months but I find it hard to believe that they will go to the added expense to package multiple varieties of power discs in different plastic blister packs with different graphics for Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars, and printed cardboard backing on the packaging etc which costs more to produce than a simple generic foil blind bag. I suspect we are going to see far less discs as well as far less variety, and certainly NOTHING compared to anything like the "fake" Wishlist ones we have created and posted in this forum (myself included). Again I will wait and see,but I suspect this will be one of those moments when hindsight being 20/20 will turn out to be a major error in judgement...just go to ANY TRU right now and tell me how many Skylanders water traps you see still sitting on pegs versus the "popular" Traps/Elements... Those ones left hanging there are called "peg Warner's" and are waiting clearance...where as how many Disny power disc blind packs do you still see on shelves these days? Most stores I visit are nearly picked dry.
But again, I will hold official judgement until they announce ALL the power discs.

But here's a prediction for the type of limited assortments per franchise I suspect we will see released in these new pack assortment/waves
Disney themed power discs
1. Inside out, terrain/sky/team up/ tool or pack
2.Tron. Light jet, light cycle, event disc/or retro costume change, team up-Renzler
3. Mickey and friends/toon town, costume change discs for Mickey and Minnie, goofy team up disc and a vehicle
4.Mulan, Mushu team up, costume change, event disc, tool or pack
5. Tomorrowland ( we have seen these already)
6. Theme park icons pack, hatbox ghost event disc, 7 dwarves mine cart ride mount, big thunder mtn train, Disneyland front gate.

My guess is that we will see ONLY 5-6 theme packs per franchise (Marvel, Disney/Pixar, Star Wars) with a total of between 60-90 discs total to be released...
Time will tell...

rank_50
MickeyMousefit
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby wherestron » Thu May 21, 2015 11:42 am

@Mickey - some good info there, but I disagree with this being a bad thing.

I reckon most of your guesses will be proven right and supply and demand will be balanced well. Variety will be the same as what we have now. It just won't seem that way with them in sets.

If we take hints from the discs available on IOS and the release of Mulan, Sam and Quorra that gets you close. Add to this JV mentioned Mickey can team up with Goofy and others, that's likely a given. Not sure about theme park pack, I'd put my money on unlocks for those.

I'd be guessing Zootopia and Jungle Book (both releasing in 2016) will get packs. Ant Man is also a possibility too, since my money is on a Captain America: Civil War playset and additional Marvel figures.

Don't think we will see InsideOut pack given there will be a playset.

In any case, there is plenty to be excited about with this release!
Cheers,
wherestron
---
Add me on PSN, XBL, iOS and Twitter: @wherestron

rank_250
wherestron
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby dcp3y » Thu May 21, 2015 5:15 pm

I have mixed feelings on this. For 1.0 and 2.0, I collected/traded to get 2 of each red round and 2 of each orange lenticular power discs while only keeping 1 of each purple lenticular sky/terrain disc. The red discs can be doubled up to double the impact or shared one each between two users; likewise the orange discs can be triple stacked and I liked the ability to have one item for each player. With the purple discs I never had any reason within one game to have two of the same skies or terrains - maybe for folks that have multiple setups, but not me. While I like that I can easily complete one set, but with the sky/terrains mixed in with the other type discs it looks like I will need two full sets with probably little chance at all of having fruitful trades on the extra purple sky/terrain discs. Probably I will still come out ahead money wise not having to mail discs all over the world, but I initially joined this forum to swap power discs. Of course, since then I have discovered a larger community of DI fans and have enjoyed the news and tidbits that everyone has shared. Nevertheless some part of me will miss the trading aspect - as crazy as that sounds.

rank_100
dcp3y

Postby Vidia » Thu May 21, 2015 5:17 pm

^ Doesn't putting down a single toy power disc give that item to both players anyway?
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia

Postby megadrive2 » Thu May 21, 2015 5:40 pm

^Yes it does

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Gorki247 » Thu May 21, 2015 5:47 pm

And with all the different round discs available, some with similar abilities, stacking the same disc seems a bit redundant.

rank_100
Gorki247

Postby dcp3y » Thu May 21, 2015 5:47 pm

I know some toys can go to both with one power disc. But thought objects such as mounts and rides were one per disc. Am I wrong?

rank_100
dcp3y

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys