Let's raise our voice! More abilities for 1.0 Characters!

Re: Let's raise our voice! More abilities for 1.0 Characters

Postby FlameChampion267 » Sat May 16, 2015 9:30 am

^ First, already been mentioned about playsets, too much work converting them forward (which is a shame because Pirates is the best one IMO) Best hope for a new Pirates set with new Pirates movie.

Second, the rule that was laid down from the start of Infinity is that the playsets aren't open to random characters. They have added crossover but I think it'll be a long time before we see Rapunzel exploring Radiator Springs or Darth Vader striking fear into the citizens of Gravity Falls, outside of Toybox. Sorry.

rank_100_ftb
FlameChampion267
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Infinite Mickey » Sun May 17, 2015 2:50 am

Wow. 100 people. I'm at a loss for words right now.
Proud Wii U owner, and thinks that the console is the perfect Next Gen.

rank_1500_ftb
Infinite Mickey
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby FlameChampion267 » Sun May 17, 2015 5:27 am

Not gonna lie, figured there would be more. But it's only been a week.

rank_100_ftb
FlameChampion267
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Stitch » Mon May 18, 2015 4:43 pm

Someone could make a youtube video about the petition to spread the word.
Disney Infinity has a strong community on Youtube as well.

The main issue is that fans are either too young or uninterested to get as involved as we are in the Infinity community. So not everyone knows there even is a petition. I am sure there would be thousands if we could reach to those people.

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Postby JustNCredible » Mon May 18, 2015 6:08 pm

I think the petitioner wanted to get the signatures of the more dedicated fans, not the signatures of the countless complainers on facebook/youtube who would probably sign anything.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Infinite Mickey » Mon May 18, 2015 8:32 pm

^I would appreciate more dedicated fans yes. However, if holt games (if he supports) or someone else sees this, maybe they could make a video.
Proud Wii U owner, and thinks that the console is the perfect Next Gen.

rank_1500_ftb
Infinite Mickey
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Kicks » Tue May 19, 2015 3:48 pm

If they can't convert playsets, I'd love to see a way that current gen consoles can take advantage of the 1.0 sets. I can't retire my Xbox 360 until the Xbox One has a solution for the 1.0 sets.
My kids definitely levitate towards the 2.0 figures since they can do more.

rank_0
Kicks
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Stitch » Tue May 19, 2015 10:27 pm

I don't care much for them converting playsets. If it really takes that much effort, then so be it, I would rather it go somewhere else.
Plus, 1.0 and 2.0 playsets do not have much replay value. However, 3.0 apparently has a lot so who knows. I think the biggest issue for 1.0 and 2.0 playsets is that we are in the stage where everyone is beginning to go into the modern generation of consoles (PS4, Xbox One, Wii U), and those who had Infinity 1.0/2.0 on seventh gen consoles will obviously not be able to play the old playsets unless they keep their old console.
I personally have no issue, as if I wanted to play 2.0 playsets a year from now (Not sure why I would to be honest, lol) then I could just pop 2.0 in the console. So my advice, upgrade to current gen if you haven't, and keep your previous iterations of Disney Infinity. I still have 1.0 and play the playsets on my brother's Xbox 360.

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby megadrive2 » Wed May 20, 2015 9:11 am

^Another reason why I favor the Wii U of the current gen platforms, only one to have access to 1.0 playsets, plus in the USA the digital version is free so no need to swap discs. For everyone else, if you have a half decent PC I recommend setting up the pc version, put in all your codes and play the 1.0 playsets in their highest quality, 1080p, as good if not better than a PS4/Xbox one port.

The character upgrades on the other hand I believe we will get in the future. Sumo & Ninja spent a long time overhauling the driving and combat in 3.0, which will have a knock-on effect and benefit 1.0 and 2.0 characters through tools & packs etc. I think the next logical step would mean bringing those figure up to par with the rest of the lineup. Here in Europe we have seen re-releases of those characters at retail so they are showing they want to continue to sell them to new customers. Upgrading the existing characters move set and re-producing the existing moulds is a much preferred option for keeping the figure line refreshed rather than releasing re-poses like the competition. I could definitely see them re-releasing the older figures in 4.0 or later with refreshed up-to-date packaging once they are upgraded, therefore introducing them to the next generation of Disney Infinity Fans as well :)

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements, Rules and Information