Let's raise our voice! More abilities for 1.0 Characters!

Re: Let's raise our voice! More abilities for 1.0 Characters

Postby The Scientist » Thu May 21, 2015 7:08 pm

80sDuckFan - I see what your saying, but not everyone is a collector. I can only play the PC version so my opinion is very game play oriented on the characters, I really only have two figures that are in my collection of things. What I'm trying to get at is that not everyone will get the figures just to collect them, sometime they get them to play with them or both. And when said character has his/her/it's abilities outdated and outperformed by a later/newer model, that character will become something of no worth to the people who get them to play with in the game or as a virtual character in say like the PC version.

Basically you have to look at other perspectives to get it. For some it does not matter, others it can matter a lot. Really only three perspectives I can figure on this.
On an Orbital Fortress in between the earth and the moon.

rank_50
The Scientist

Postby GammaQuadrant » Fri May 22, 2015 1:06 am

I need this to happen, buzz is too near and dear to my heart to see him fail

rank_50
GammaQuadrant
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby ZURG SPY » Fri May 22, 2015 4:26 am

Signed! My family loves the old characters and we were all disappointed they didn't get new or special moves. We all got excited when they started asking everyone about moves for the 1.0 characters, and now I'm learning that we have to choose even though they said they were going to do in the first place. They are always going to come out with new characters no matter what so I signed it. I would love to see Buzz fly and get his laser. It would be pretty cool if Jessie yodeled like on toy story 3 as her special move.

rank_50
ZURG SPY
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby The Scientist » Sat May 23, 2015 1:22 am

There are some instances where they have made DI content for scripting tutorials, so far I only know of two. So here is something they can do:
For PC, all previous version of the game will be released in free full open source movable by the community.
All we would need are programs that can edit the basics, such as Gimp (2D), Blender (3D) Notepad (Scripting) all of these come free.
All the developers need to do is have everything editable in an easily accessed file format, and create tutorials on how to do simple things. Like adding a character, weapon or toy box item by using and mixing already placed content. The tutorials don't have to get to extensive, just enough to get some sort of modding community going.

It may seem like a lot of work, but if it goes well they can save on tuns of development time by using/hiring very good modders who make great mods for the game. What they could do is just release 1.0 in this sort of way, it would be easy to do and if it works out they can tell if it would be a route worth the effort. If they don't want to give characters special move and abilities, why not just let us do it? I am sure there are people out there who are willing to give it a try.
On an Orbital Fortress in between the earth and the moon.

rank_50
The Scientist

Postby FlameChampion267 » Sat May 23, 2015 3:36 am

I liked how in the animation video on Game Informer they said that characters are almost done and if you have a cool idea, now is the time to say something.

rank_100_ftb
FlameChampion267
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Cellsai » Sat May 23, 2015 11:06 am

Disney would absolutely never, ever, ever, ever open a game - especially Infinity - up to modders. Do yourself a favor and don't even consider it ;D

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby megadrive2 » Sat May 23, 2015 1:13 pm

^ No doubt, if you have skills in that department and want to play around with the game best thing would be to apply for a job either at Avalanche, one of the other dev teams (Studio Gobo, Ninja Theory, Sumo Digital, Patton Games etc) or elsewhere in Disney Interactive. They are recruiting all the time for various positions , I would apply myself at some of the UK based studios if they weren't all over the other side of the country.

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Elmo STM » Sat May 23, 2015 1:32 pm

@megadrive if I had the skills and got a job I'd move in a heartbeat lol

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Sat May 23, 2015 4:01 pm

@megadrive2 @ElmoSTM I'd clean the bathrooms if it meant I could work in the Disney Infinity building! LOL
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements, Rules and Information