I think I've figured out the remaining characters for 3.0!

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

I think I've figured out the remaining characters for 3.0!

Postby TheMinion9 » Fri May 08, 2015 9:18 pm

Okay. I was look at the character list for 1.0, 2.0 & 3.0 so far after the Twitch livestream today (There will be over 100 characters after the release of 3.0) and currently; we're at 90 characters (with the Crystal variants). Considering that, here's what I consider to be the possible list of final characters for 3.0.

EDIT (11/5/15) - I've added more characters after reading some of the comments plus some I've thought about recently. :3

Star Wars Epsiode VII: The Force Awakens
Finn
Rey
Poe
Kylo Ren
Captain Phasma

Star Wars Rebels
Ezra
Hera
Kanan
Sabine
Zeb
The Inquisitor

Avengers: Age of Ultron Playset
Scarlet Witch
Quicksliver
Vision
Ant-Man (Film out in July)
Daredevil (Netflix show)
Black Panther (Civil War - March 2016)

Muppets Playset
Kermit The Frog
Miss Piggy
Gonzo
Beaker
Animal
Walter

Toy Box 3.0
Nick Wilde (Zootopia - Out in Early 2016)
Judy Hopps (Zootopia - Out in Early 2016)
Frank Walker (Tomorrowland - New Release)
Casey Newton (Tomorrowland - New Release)
Alice (Alice in Wonderland - Popular Demand + The Alice Live-Action Sequel In March 2016)
Winnie The Pooh (Winnie The Pooh)
Baloo (Jungle Book - Popular Demand + Jungle Book live-action film - April 2016)
Beast (Beauty and The Beast)
Belle (Beauty and The Beast)
Hercules (Hercules)
Hades (Hercules)
Kuzco (Emperor's New Groove)
Kronk (Emperor's New Groove)
Yzma (Emperor's New Groove)

That would bring the character count to 110 characters to date and would make this version of Disney Infinity the biggest to date. What do you guys think?
Yellowjacket for MARVEL BATTLEGROUNDS!!

rank_500
TheMinion9
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: I think I've figured out the remaining characters for 3.

Postby ptr362 » Fri May 08, 2015 9:39 pm

Pretty sure all of the 3.0 Disney Originals have been announced. That's why on the live stream it was ok to see the back of the packaging for Mickey and Miney, and not on the Star Wars figure. Age of Ultron play-set suggestions seems quite likely, but highly doubt Daredevil at this time. Eventually perhaps, but not due to the popularity of the Netflix show.

rank_0
ptr362
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Steam:

Postby wherestron » Fri May 08, 2015 9:56 pm

I'm betting on Boba Fett. A little surprised he wasn't in the line-up, especially since Boba's helmet is in a recent Avalanche video about the making of DI
Cheers,
wherestron
---
Add me on PSN, XBL, iOS and Twitter: @wherestron

rank_250
wherestron
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby hedgehobbit » Fri May 08, 2015 10:03 pm

Allison did mention that they would announce more Play Sets in the future. A new play set would mean 4 or 5 related characters from that franchise. Plus they can't release Arlo since they said no quadrupeds.

rank_0
hedgehobbit
PSN ID:

Postby bleu4ever » Fri May 08, 2015 10:06 pm

If all the 3.0 characters are already announced I'll sadly be done with this game
6 freaking figures?! REALLY?!
that dissapoints me on so many levels
And I've been a fan since the start but I can go on hoping for things that will NEVER
come.

I really hope ur wrong because only 6 disney figures would be highly dissapointing
The public is in danger! My evening's in danger! You tell me where my suit is, woman! We are talking about the greater good! 'Greater good?' I am your wife! I'm the greatest *good* you are ever gonna get! "

rank_250
bleu4ever
NN ID:

Postby KillingRaptor » Fri May 08, 2015 10:07 pm

I wouldn't mind those figures at all! Especially Daredevil, just finished watching the show and it was really amazing. Guess we'll have to wait and see what the future brings us. I'm already very happy with the current line-up for 3.0, the selection of Star Wars characters is awesome and I'm very glad to see Hulkbuster too.
"Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it." - Robin Hood

My Videogame Collection

rank_1000
KillingRaptor
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Muffin Man » Fri May 08, 2015 10:09 pm

"Popular demand" doesn't seem like a very strong criterion to base a prediction on. Tons of characters have popular demand.

rank_50
Muffin Man
Main Console: Wii U

Postby BenFleischman » Fri May 08, 2015 10:28 pm

I forgot about Zootopia! They'll definitely be included. Disney Infinity seems to always back Disney Animation films with the starring duo (Anna and Elsa, Ralph and Vanellope, Hiro and Baymax.) If not, this might become the #trongate I start... lol.

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
PSN ID:

Postby wherestron » Fri May 08, 2015 10:49 pm

Star Wars is the main focus of this release, and a big deal in a social context - I think they will focus a lot of energy on the TFA release - they would be mad not to.

How about the Inquisitor? He's one of the main characters of the new instalment according to the spoilers.

C3PO and R2D2 will be sidekicks and/or team-up Power DIscs. There will likely also be Stormtrooper team ups for Vader, and I wouldnt be surprised to see Mace Windu appear on the roster in some way, shape or form.

If I were them, I would really be milking the main property, but I definitely would want to support the main releases in the other stables too.

That's why I think JV said there will be "more than 100 playable characters", as I imagine they have plenty to draw on. I also think that number will exclude Infinites / Crystals - as he specifically said "characters" not "figures" - which in theory means double-ups like that aren't counted.

Exciting times!
Cheers,
wherestron
---
Add me on PSN, XBL, iOS and Twitter: @wherestron

rank_250
wherestron
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys